Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
my 2000 xterra wont start. crank doesnt turn Forums > > my 2000 xterra wont start. crank doesnt turn my 2000 xterra wont start. crank doesnt turn
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Xterra Nissan Xterra Discussion Forum

Old 03-17-2008, 12:35 PM
sinainanloo

Default my 2000 xterra wont start. crank doesnt turn

I tried to go home from work, and damnit, the car cranks but doesnt start. fuel, fuses, battery are ok. i opened the distributor cap and noticed that the thing inside does not turn when i try to crank the engine and there also is no sparks or anything. I dont know what to do. any help? any suggestions on where to look next? thanks
Old 03-17-2008, 04:09 PM
2015 Rogue

If it is not turning you probably have a broken timing belt.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:44 PM
sinainanloo

Default car aint startin

yeah, thats what i thought and have been told also. How difficult is it for someone that is not a mechanic, but good with tools to replace? Another person sent me download with the basic instructions from a shop manual the steps needed to do so. My concerns are of getting the belt back on just right. My car was parked on the street when it happened, not while driving, so i hope the valves are not bent. What would be your input on this? Actually, do you have any advice or pointers or anything that could help me? I really appreciate it, thanks
-sina
Old 03-18-2008, 04:58 AM
hendrix89

I would not try it....looks like its pretty hard.....water pump, timing belt cover....

Tags
2000, crank, start, turn, xterra