Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Fuel gauge problem and Sevice Engine Soon light Forums > > Fuel gauge problem and Sevice Engine Soon light Fuel gauge problem and Sevice Engine Soon light
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Xterra Nissan Xterra Discussion Forum

Old 04-19-2010, 03:30 PM
smilner

Great and helpful thread guys. I have a 2005 Pathfinder that threw the dreaded 0463 code. I replaced the fuel sender. Instructions are good on this site. The problem is I can't get the code to go away. I have done both the key/accelerator trick and the battery disconnect. Either way the SES light comes back on. Any ideas? Help is appreciated.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:39 PM
CHALLENGER

I cleared mine once by leaving the battery cable off for 30 min or so.The other times I used a code reader to clear it.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:36 PM
smilner

Thanks for the reply. I left the battery unhooked over night and the code came back. Even though the gauge is working good I'm wondering if somehow I didn't fix something that is still throwing the code.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:42 PM
CHALLENGER

Find someone with a code reader and have them clear it. If you have an autozone they should be able to read and clear it for you.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:10 AM

2005 Pathfinder

Default Contacted Nissan 4 Times

2005 Pathfinder - I sent two letters and filled-out two online complaints at Nissan N.A. and was told all times that I was out of luck. I was a loyal Nissan owner before this crap (99.5 Path SE, 1997 Max, 2002 Max, 2005 Path). So, over a $100 part, I will never buy another Nissan and encourage everyone that asks me about my Nissans to never buy one. I know part of the blame lies with the part manufacturer, but Nissan for some reason started to purchase cheap parts around 2004 and taking shortcuts (see Toyota story2008-2010).
Old 04-29-2010, 11:15 AM
PeterD0404

Well, when I dropped my Xterra off 2wks ago. They read the wrong service call it's the one for the airbag sensors and not the fuel sensor. I called Nissan to complain about the issue. It took them 2wks to get back to me and let me know that they will not repair this issue. I told them that this is a widespread issue and also a safety risk. All she can say was that "we are not able to repair that for you". And I left at that. This s*cks. This is my first Nissan and possibly be my last. Now I the tire sensor light is on. 3 weeks ago, i got my tires replace and had the sensor reset at the dealership.

From what I see, Nissan do not care about your issues if the vechicle has passed the warranty. They need to accept the part they put in is a defect.

Last edited by PeterD0404; 04-30-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:24 PM
buster

Default Buster

We need to push for a recall. The gas gauge in my 2005 hasn't worked for 2 years. The service engine light hasn't been off for 3.

Last edited by buster; 05-01-2010 at 05:28 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 05-03-2010, 05:57 AM
PeterD0404

My gas gauge does not come up until 3 days later if I pump a full tank. What I notice if I pump 3/4 of a tank, the gauge comes up instantly. There has to be some issue with the fuel sensor.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:45 PM
buster

Mine would only work between 3/4 and 1/2 of a tank. It would register empty with the emergency low fuel light on with a full tank and below a 1/2. But alas now the light has been on for 3 months no matter how much is in the tank. The engineers remedy is that great trip odometer.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:00 AM
dnadams

Same problem as thousands of other dissatisfied Nissan Frontier customers! Check Engine Light is on constantly, fuel gauge is relatively useless and the dealer won't do a thing as far as honoring it under a recall. I filed a complaint with the NHTSA and the Bureau of Auto Repair and hope that they will light a fire under Nissan to take care of this safety hazzard. They have recalled 500,000 vehicles with the same problem so they should quit discriminating and fix them all before they lose all their customers!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 09:23 AM
CHALLENGER

Default fuel guage problem

I had the same problem with my 07 frontier I called 800-647-7261 nissan consumer affairs.It took 2 or 3 weeks of them calling back and postponing then one day they called and said they would take care of it and they did.Just be cordule and patient with them,it worked for me.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Donfrontier06

Default fuel sending problem

Ladies and Gentlemans, this is not an isolated issue, thousand of nissan owner having the same problem as you do, i myself have a 06 crewcab with the same issue, the recall does not cover my vehicle, i mean what the $%#& man, if thousand and thousand of people having the same problem, then obviously they have some bad parts in those car. I think they just patching thing up and hope nobody start a lawsuit, but just count me in if someone does.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2001 Maxima
1998 Pathfinder
2001 maxima 20th aninvers

with all these different gas blends I'm surprised they don't fail more often.....note Nissan is not the only manufacturer that has fuel sending unit failures check out ford chevy Toyota
Old 06-16-2010, 05:21 PM
CHALLENGER

yOU CAN THINK WHAT YOU WANT,BUT THEY DIDN'T PATCH MINE THEY REPLACED MY SENDING UNIT AND DID IT IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:50 PM
Donfrontier06

Default nissan

yeah, either you sucked some serious cock or you just one lucky ass hole

Tags
engine, fuel, gauge, light, problem, sevice