Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Brand New 06 Xterra Question.... Forums > > Brand New 06 Xterra Question.... Brand New 06 Xterra Question....
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Xterra Nissan Xterra Discussion Forum

Old 01-25-2007, 05:05 PM
shane.kelly55

Default Brand New 06 Xterra Question....

Hey everyone.

Two days ago i bought a brand new 2006 Xterra S Model 4WD as part of their clearance. I had some questions:

1. I am getting an odd slight (but noticeable) shake/rattle noise from what seems to be the front driver and passenger side windows. THey're power and when they are partially down and i drive i dont get the rattle noise but when they are up i do get it. Anyone hear anything like this?

2. I notice the S model i have doesnt have vanity mirrors. I know its not that kind of rig but creature comforts are nice. Can i get these added on afterward?

3. I didnt opt for the Rockford Fosgate stereo. I am ok with the speakers and the stereo is fine too. I do miss the no MP3 and the no iPod hook up. My question is, is there a suitable aftermarket radio i can get that just plugs into the factory setup without any extra mods that play MP3's and have ipod connectors?

Thanks,

Shane
Old 01-26-2007, 06:25 AM
Xterraclamper

a couple of answers..

1)...First Gens(00-04) had window issues, there was a recall I believe..Haven't heard of this problem with the Second Gen..
2)...Google is your friend, you will find plenty of X gear..
3)...Crutchfield offers a simple plug/play option of HU swap outs....you just pay a bit more for the conveniance...
Old 02-04-2007, 11:59 AM

2006 xterra

alot of people have complained about window rattle and the regulator was the problem, dealer fixed under warrrenty. good luck
Old 01-04-2008, 06:07 AM

2006 xterra

If you haven't found an answer by this time on the vanity mirrors, you can purchase the ones that come with the fancier models. They come with lighted mirror and there is another wiring harness available but I picked up power from the overhead map lights and all works fine. My wife complained about the lack too.

Tags
brand, question, xterra