Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Lighting Forums > > Lighting Lighting
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Xterra Nissan Xterra Discussion Forum

Old 07-29-2007, 07:55 AM
hoparoo

Default Lighting

I Bought a used '03 Xterra a couple months back. I love everything about it except I have difficulty seeing at night in rough weather, which of course is more my problem than the Xterras. As a result, I'm considering the addition of driving lights. My Xterra does not have the driving lights in the front bumper. I'm also currently looking at purchasing a brush guard.

My Question(s)... Is it possible to add driving lights to the bumper aftermarket? If so, Would it be best to buy a guard with driving lights on it, or buy a guard w/o lighting and add the bumper lights?

Any opinions are greatly appreciated.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:01 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoparoo View Post
I Bought a used '03 Xterra a couple months back. I love everything about it except I have difficulty seeing at night in rough weather, which of course is more my problem than the Xterras. As a result, I'm considering the addition of driving lights. My Xterra does not have the driving lights in the front bumper. I'm also currently looking at purchasing a brush guard.

My Question(s)... Is it possible to add driving lights to the bumper aftermarket? If so, Would it be best to buy a guard with driving lights on it, or buy a guard w/o lighting and add the bumper lights?

Any opinions are greatly appreciated.
You actually have a ton of options! You can buy driving lights that mount on your bumper, etc. Heck, if you buy a Brush Guard - most of them come with two holes (no lights) for mounting lights (you can run up to any Automotive Store and get lights), etc. It is pretty much up to you. Make sure you load a picture of your final product.

Here is an example of some lights...

Genuine Nissan Factory Parts Accessories at DISCOUNT Pricing

Here is an example of Fog Lamps for your Xterra...

eBay Motors: 00-04 NISSAN FRONTIER XTERRA MAXIMA FOG LIGHTS CLEAR 03 (item 180143541198 end time Aug-03-07 17:14:28 PDT)

FIND OUT WHAT YOUR REPAIR SHOULD COST?
Repair Cost Estimator

BUY NISSAN ACCESSORIES!
Nissanhelp Store

Last edited by vpnavy; 07-29-2007 at 08:40 AM.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:57 PM
hoparoo

Default Thanks

Thanks for the quick response. The lights on ebay are what I'm going to go with I think.

I saw online someplace that If my xterra were wired for fog lights, their would be an extra line with a connector behind the bumper. I do not have the extra line, is that going to be a problem for me? or does the harness take that into account?

I'm sure this is probably something I need to ask the seller on ebay, but I thought I'd throw it on here to see if anyone else has encountered this.

Thanks again
Old 08-01-2007, 03:28 AM
X-4X4R8D

You can also consider getting brighter HeadLight Bulbs. I ended up getting 9007 Sylvania SilverStar Ultra
Old 08-02-2007, 06:57 AM
Xterraclamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-4X4R8D View Post
You can also consider getting brighter HeadLight Bulbs. I ended up getting 9007 Sylvania SilverStar Ultra
Agreed, I would first start here...PIAA is another option...visibility certainly is increased...
Old 08-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Enthusiast
2005 Altima
2007 Versa
2007 versa

be careful replaceing the bulbs they may cause the wiring to melt and also can damage the headlamp. i have seen this happen many times.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:16 AM
hoparoo

Default good idea

Thanks for the idea. I was avoiding this route though because as it is I get high beams flashed at me all the time. I think the headlights are set angled higher than previous vehicles I have owned, which is why I believe they seem dimmer only during weather events. I emailed the ebay seller with the driving lights that were previously suggested, and got no reponse regarding the harness. I'm thinking I may pick them up and if the harness doesnt work, I'll just wire them like a generic add-on set of lights. I want to try other remedies before going to a brighter bulb, though I appreciate the suggestion.

Thanks for the responses

Tags
lighting