Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Brake light peddle bumper (switch) replacement. Forums > > Brake light peddle bumper (switch) replacement. Brake light peddle bumper (switch) replacement.
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Xterra Nissan Xterra Discussion Forum

Old 12-14-2016, 09:43 AM
2003 Xterra

Default Brake light peddle bumper (switch) replacement.

Hi, I have a 2003 Nissan Xterra and the bumper that turns the brake lights off when the peddle is released broke off. I bought a replacement bumper but can't figure out how to get the part off to replace the bumper. The steering column bracket is in the way and I've watched videos online of various Nissans from that year and they say you turn the part (switch housing) counter clockwise and it should release but it won't turn for me.

I've tried to see if there's clips holding it in but like I said the steering column bracket is in the way and it doesn't look like I can remove that because there's only 2 bolts holding it in and a hinge-like connection attached to the steering column but there's no room to pivot it.

Can someone please help me out here by either explaining how to do this in laymans terms (I'm not that good with any car past the 80s I used to fix all my cars prior to that) or post a link to a video I could watch from a 2003 Xterra / Frontier or equivalent part?

Thanks!

Last edited by dstroner; 12-14-2016 at 10:04 AM.

Tags
brake, bumper, light, peddle, replacement, switch