Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Please help! It's not knock sensor or crank sensor Forums > > Please help! It's not knock sensor or crank sensor Please help! It's not knock sensor or crank sensor
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Xterra Nissan Xterra Discussion Forum

Old 01-06-2012, 01:47 PM
mrwilkens

Default Please help! It's not knock sensor or crank sensor

I'll try to not be long winded but I want to share as much as I can because I really want to save my 2000 Xterra 6c. My xterra has a 171k and always had proper maintenance. She has never had a problem until a few weeks ago. I had noticed a leak and checked the oil. About 1/2qt low. I took her to the shop to find that the valve cover gasket had failed. I had them replaced and a few other gaskets. She seemed to run fine for about 1/2 a day. Then She stalled, and ran rough with little power. I took her back to the mechanic and he said the codes said knock sensor and crank sensor. They were going to start with the crank sensor. Well....several days later...the crank sensor, knock sensor and plugs have been changed and the same thing. I love this car and can't believe it when from running great with a little oil leak to becoming an over night lemon. I just can't afford to spend much more trying to get it to run, when I might need that $ for a down payment! Am I missing something? I read another post that said cap and rotor, but I didn't think the Xterra had one (I'm only dangerously knowledgeable). Please help! I really need to decide what to do ASAP. And thanks in advance.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:59 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Check this out, they seem to have a similar symptoms. Also check for clog EGR and do visual for oil in the distributor. Hope this helps.

Pathfinder - Page 2 - Nissanhelp.com Forums
Old 01-09-2012, 08:54 AM
Enthusiast
2000 Xterra
2000 Xterra

Check vacuum lines are connected or not cracked. Have you replaced your rotor and cap lately, seems to be a common complaint and fix for this symptom?

Tags
crank, knock, sensor