Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Versa '07 purchased last night, PLEASE HELP! Forums > > Versa '07 purchased last night, PLEASE HELP! Versa '07 purchased last night, PLEASE HELP!
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Versa Nissan Versa Discussion Forum

Old 08-19-2011, 07:27 PM
butterflygrrl

Default Versa '07 purchased last night, PLEASE HELP!

Hi, I am new to this forum as I just purchased a Nissan Versa 2007 Hatchback, Automatic, 36,000 miles, last night from Carmax. I have 5 days to return this vehicle if I am unhappy so far I have 3 problems: please tell me what you all think....

1. The steering wheel makes a noise (like a clicking sound but hard to describe the exact noise)and there is a feeling of a thump when the steering wheel is turned. This happens during all turns but is especially worse during u-turns. I have read everything I can get my hands on and found that others have experienced this problem. If anyone can offer any scenarios as to what is might be or what happened to them with their repairs I would really appreciate it.

2. Passenger airbag sensor light does not seem to be functioning correctly. It is not accurately sensing a passenger sitting in the seat. This issue I haven't seen as much information on. Please let me know your experiences with this as well.

3. The drivers seat makes a clicking sound even though I am sure it is not "in between" forward/back settings. In other words, I adjust the seat to a comfortable position and it makes a noise like it is not locked in place. Anyone else experience this problem?

Thank you!!

I have an appointment on Monday morning for these issues. I know that any vehicle on the lot can have issues since they are used (even new ones can too) so I am not afraid of the problems I just want to make sure they fix them correctly before the 5 days is up so that I am at least starting with a vehicle in the right condition. Do you think that Carmax will be able to handle these issues or should I insist on having it done at a Nissan dealership? I know I might be ahead of myself but I am working around a deadline for being able to return it. Thank you again for any comments.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:27 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2007 Altima
2008 Versa

#1 sounds like it could be CV joint.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:10 PM
butterflygrrl

Thank you for your response. Here is what Carmax said today regarding these issues:

1. They said the steering shaft is made of rubber and eventually dries up. They said they are replacing the "whole thing". I am not really sure what that the whole thing includes but at least they did not say the dreaded "we don't hear or feel anything" like I was afraid they might. I will ask next time I speak with them what they are actually replacing.

2. The passenger airbag sensor light they said is determined by weight on the seat. They explained that the sensor in the seat is broken and the only way to fix this problem is to replace the seat ($1800+ BUT it is covered by the 30 day warranty Carmax gives not by Nissan--either way no cost to me)

3. The driver seat which was making a clicking sound even when "locked" in place. They said they had to adjust the levers that more the seat back/forth, up/down etc.

All in all they have to order a bunch of parts so I am without the car for a few days just 4 days after buying it BUT they did give me a loaner car AND it is all being taken care of free of charge!
Old 06-30-2014, 01:14 AM

2008 pathfinder

Default My steering wheel does the same thing

I know this is an old thread, but the dealer said they could not figure out what is causing the popping, thumping sound. I know, unreal.

Did you ever get it fixed or find out what exactly it was?

Tags
2007, airbag, night, purchased, sensor, steering wheel, versa