Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Coolant lights Forums > > Coolant lights Coolant lights
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Versa Nissan Versa Discussion Forum

Old 05-01-2012, 08:26 AM
2011 Versa

Question Coolant lights

I have had my 2011 versa for over 8 months and for the last several weeks my coolant light has popped on each time the car starts and lasts for several minutes. I checked the fluid level and it is half way between minimum and maximum. Is it normal to already have the light pop on? I dont do alot of travelling. Since the fluid level is in between is it impartive that I fill it up?

thanks!
Old 05-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Enthusiast
2009 Versa

On my 2009 the coolant light starts off BLUE with a cold engine and then goes off after the engine warms up; this is normal. Should the engine start to overheat the coolant light will come on RED. Normal operation is BLUE with cold engine and then it should go off when the engine warms up. RED means the engine is overheating.

Frank
2009 Versa S sedan MT-6 with 32K miles
Old 05-05-2012, 08:28 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2007 Altima
2008 Versa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmills3550 View Post
I have had my 2011 versa for over 8 months and for the last several weeks my coolant light has popped on each time the car starts and lasts for several minutes. I checked the fluid level and it is half way between minimum and maximum. Is it normal to already have the light pop on? I dont do alot of travelling. Since the fluid level is in between is it impartive that I fill it up?

thanks!
Don't top off the coolant fluid - it will just overflow when the engine gets hot.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:43 PM
2011 Versa

the fluid in the rad should be up to the top and the fluid in the bottle should be about half way when cold.

The blue light means the car is cold and you should not race or rev the engine high until the light goes off meaning the engine is close to or up to proper operating temp.

The red collant light means it is overheating and the car must be shut off and serviced immediately prior to starting again.

Tags
coolant, lights