Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2007 Nissan Versa H/B (1.8L, CVT) Acceleration Problems Forums > > 2007 Nissan Versa H/B (1.8L, CVT) Acceleration Problems 2007 Nissan Versa H/B (1.8L, CVT) Acceleration Problems
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Versa Nissan Versa Discussion Forum

Old 03-30-2010, 07:58 PM
eopenbox

Default 2007 Nissan Versa H/B (1.8L, CVT) Acceleration Problems

2007 Nissan Versa H/B (1.8L) with IQ key and automatic CVT transmission has been having intermittent acceleration Problems from stop to start. I have gotten checked by Nissan dealer, and no warning lights come on at acceleration problems. This is like anti-Toyota acceleration problems. After stop vehicle will not respond to pedal acceleration even though pedal pushed all the way to the floor and after few seconds will dangerously accelerate. This has been causing traffic hazard frequently, and with gods grace no accident yet but I am worried accident waiting to happen? Any suggestions? ([email protected], 610-203-9365). Thanks.

Last edited by eopenbox; 03-31-2010 at 03:55 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:26 AM
2015 Rogue

Do you use both feet while driving? One on the gas and one on the brake?
ASE Master Certified.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:52 AM
eopenbox

I do not use both feet while driving and I have 3 Nissans (04 Quest, 07 Murano and 07 Versa). Versa is the only car had been giving some kind of problems diifferent times.

Last edited by eopenbox; 03-31-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:17 AM
147jk

Quote:
Originally Posted by eopenbox View Post
When did I mention that I use both feet while driving?
You didn't. He asked the question because he's trying to help you. Rude.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:08 AM
SamanthaH

Default 2007 Nissan Versa H/B (1.8L, CVT) Acceleration Problems

I had this exact same problem for MONTHS many dealership trips and unanswered questions and i THINK i finally got it. For me, it was oddly enough, The Brake Light Sensor. in short this is how it went:

The brake light sensor talks to the computer in the car to tell the transmission to dissengage to some degree and prepare to slow/stop. My brother in law did some research on it as well and thought it was worth asking the nissan rep about- since this problem for me started after Nissan had worked on my brakes. On my way into the dealership that morning, a woman tapped on her window at me and signaled to me that my brake lights were out. all of them. I signaled back to her thank you- she weirdly enough helped put all the pieces together.

I brought up the issue to the Nissan rep- and although he didnt think it was going to be the problem, it turns out it was. A little bit of research went a long way. I hope anyone else who has this same problem can see if this is the answer they are looking for.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:28 PM
Enthusiast
2009 Versa

Temporarily help the brake pedal to go up with your foot and see if that helps with the accelerator problem. I thinkSamanthaH has diagnosed it correctly.

Frank 2009 Versa S sedan MT-6 with 18050 miles
Old 01-28-2011, 04:34 PM
eopenbox

Default 2007 Nissan Versa SL HB Acceleration Problems

Finally after one year of driving with 2007 Nissan Versa SL HB Acceleration Problems with 25K miles, the CVT auto transmission failed after grinding noise at acceleration with the code of P0746 (transmission failed internally). Nissan dealer replaced the auto transmission as still under warranty. Also sunroof leaked 2 times with track assembly and spring broken, weather stripping around doors will never stay tight and 2 times glass mirror from door mirror assembly flew while driving (cheap glue used). In my opinion this particular unit appears to be a Nissan Lemon and Nissan should replace the car. I had several problems from year one.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:28 PM
larry_went _rogue

I have been having acceleration issues off and on for a month or 2 in my 2008 rogue. Will be fine and on 20+ mile drive on highway, but gets sluggish to accelerate. After a stop it will not respond even though I put the pedal to the floor, then it will clink and start to go. Is the cvt going to need to be replaced? or does this have something to do with the rattle recall?
Old 08-10-2011, 04:42 AM
Tekwriter1221

Same problem. Same fix as "SamanthaH". 2008 Versa.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:16 AM
SamanthaH

Check that brake light sensor! sounds like what I went through.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:31 PM
chefjbs

i had the same issue and they replaced the whole transmission... and when it came down to it it was the same brake light sensor. I have a love hate relaionship with my versa. More like a hate relationship as of now.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:20 AM
2007 Versa

Default Same issue!

I'm having this same issue right now! very dangerous and hope it is just the break light sensor as I have just had my breaks done. Thanks for the info :)

Tags
18l, 2007, acceleration, cvt, h or b, nissan, problems, versa