Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
rotor removal Forums > > rotor removal rotor removal
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Titan Nissan Titan Discussion Forum

Old 03-24-2008, 03:43 PM
cjp3

Default rotor removal

I am in need of some help. I am replacing one of my wheel studs and need to remove the right rear rotor. What is the proper procedure? Thank you.:confused:
Old 03-24-2008, 05:30 PM
2015 Rogue

Remove the caliper and the rotor slides off. You will probably have to give it a good whack with a hammer to break the rust fee.
One thing that I have found that makes them come off alot easier without sticking to the e-brake shoes is to partially apply the parking brake and drive forward about 30 feet. This help clean up the rust ridge inside the drum part of the rotor where the parking brake makes contact. Be sure to fully release the brake before trying to pull the rotor off.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:40 AM
cjp3

Thanks. I'll give that a try when I get home. Is that normal on Nissan's to have such a hard time removing the wheels and rotors? I never had this problem on my Chevrolets. It seems that the wheels and rotors corrode together.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:41 AM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

When you replace the wheel/rotors apply a small amount of antiseize to all the contact points of the rotor to the axle flange and to the back side of the wheel at the points where it contacts the rotors. Sure makes it much easier to remove the next time.

Tags
removal, rotor