Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Vibration at low RPM Forums > > Vibration at low RPM Vibration at low RPM
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Titan Nissan Titan Discussion Forum

Old 04-08-2006, 09:14 AM
wmontg01

Default Vibration at low RPM

Recently i had to have my truck towed and I noticed after I got it back that I had this funny vibration when the RPMs are low. I notice it most when I am at a stop light and the truck is warm and the RPMs drop to like 500. I start getting this vibration that comes and goes. I tell you it is hard to describe. It almost sounds like the idle gets off. Yet, when I am driving it seems fine. I had it in the shop for it and they said that it was my exhaust. The thing is I have had the exhaust on my truck since about 500miles and am almost up to 18k. Infact I had to bend down my pipes because they were sitting on my bumper and when the vibration would start up it would echo out and vibrate on my bumper so bad and loudly. Has anybody else notice any kind of vibration like this or point me in right direction of what to check. Saldy the Trophy Nissan is not much for help when it seems I have issues with my truck.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

I have not seen that at my dealer. You said that the RPM drops to 500, the correct idle should be 650 +- 50. Follow the instruction below to reset the base idle or if you prefer go to your Nissan dealer and have them do it the the Nissan Consult.

1. Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
2. Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds.
3. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch ON and wait 3 seconds.
4. Repeat the following procedure quickly five times within 5 seconds.
5. Fully depress the accelerator pedal.
6. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
7. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 20 seconds until the MIL stops blinking and turned ON.
8. Fully release the accelerator pedal within 3 seconds after the MIL turned ON.
9. Start engine and let it idle.
10. Wait 20 seconds.
11. If idle speed and ignition timing are not within the specification, (650 + - 50) Idle Air Volume Learning will not be carried out successfully. In this case, you may have a problem with your car.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:06 AM
wmontg01

Default Try try try

Ok first I need to know what the MIL is since I don't happen to see anything blinking on my indicator lights, also it is dropping around 500-550 RPM when I am in Drive at like a stop light waiting for it to change. I am really greatful for the help. I did try the steps anyways but with not seeing anything blinking I am not sure if I did the proper steps. Thanks again.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:05 PM
2012 Frontier

Default low trottle idle

What happened with your car , mine has the same problem. Thanks

Tags
low, rpm, vibration