Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Parasitic Drain Forums > > Parasitic Drain Parasitic Drain
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Titan Nissan Titan Discussion Forum

Old 11-11-2015, 04:32 AM
2004 Titan King Cab

Default Parasitic Drain

I have a 2.5Amp drain on a 2004 Titan. I have pulled every fuse and relay under the hood and under the dash. (expect the Horn relay under the hood. Its cracked and I truly don't want to break it more. But, the horn fuse has been pulled).

I have no where else to look with my limited knowledge. Every forum I have looked into on these issues had the same procedures "with ammeter connected, pull fuses until the drain is found". Well, I'm passed that now. That procedure is dead with me. I've done it thoroughly, twice.

Could there be a problem with a short in the starter even thought the starter relay has been pulled, twice?
Old 11-11-2015, 02:30 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

I suspect the alternator. Check out this video. Hopefully it fixes your issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x0o4-bNCvY
Old 02-08-2017, 10:34 PM
2005 Titan Crew Cab

Check to ensure the ECM relay recall has been done to your Titan. It can fail intermittently and keep somethings powered after you shut-off the vehicle. On my 05 Titan CC I disconnected the NEG batt cable and as soon it touched the batt post it sparked and I could here a relay click in on and off near the battery area. You can try opening and closing the driver side door and also cycling the key from off to start and removing it completely. When you open the door certain items get awakened and obviously many more items get powered with the key turning. The goal is to get whatever is sticking on to shut-off and stop putting a draw/load on your battery. Then the volts/amps may recover on your battery and allow it to start normally.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:45 PM
2005 Titan Crew Cab

***Also before you walk away from your Titan.***
Listen to the sound the horn makes when you lock the doors with the key FOB remote. If it sounds like a weak horn chirp right after you drove the vehicle and shut it off, then either the Battery is bad or it didn't charge or the ECM relay is failing and causing something to stay powered.

Tags
drain, parasitic