Nissanhelp.com Forums

Nissanhelp.com Forums (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/)
-   Sentra (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/sentra/)
-   -   Flashing ses light (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/sentra/8382-flashing-ses-light.html)

unevanoe 07-21-2008 10:34 PM

Flashing ses light

I have a 2001 nissan sentra 1.8, 170,000 miles. Halfway home from work tonite, i noticed that the ses light had started flashing. When i came to a stop at the redlight, the car begin to vibrate really hard as if it wanted to die, and the rpm bounced around between 0-1. I put the car in neutral until the light changed. This stopped the "bouncing rpm" but i could still feel the vibrations. By this time the ses had stopped flashing but still remained on. While accelerating after the light changed to green, once i reached 35-40mph, the ses light started flashing again and the card began vibrating extremely hard this time, and felt as if the transmission did not want to pull. I pulled into a gas station and gave the car 15mins to cool off. When i started the car again no ses light!!! But as i was pulling out of the gas station it came on again, and each time i would accelerate close to 35-40mph, the ses light would begin flashing. Made it home, but its too dark for my fiancee to see anything noticeable. The ses light came on a week ago, but went off right before taking it to autozone. Does this problem sound familiar to anyone???? Please help!!!!!

Other car specs:
Rebuilt radiator 2wks ago
replaced front 02 sensors 2007
regular routine maintenance

unevanoe 07-22-2008 06:53 AM

Ok so I went to autozone this morning and the codes they gave me were: P0420, P0302, P0401...............If anyone could please help and tell whats going on

Fishin Phil 08-02-2008 07:50 AM

Car Md

I can't help you with the codes but I will suggest you look up Car Md online and buy one of their scanners. You get software and you get to use their website which it hooks you up automatically when you connect your scanner to your computer. Then it will tell you what the definition to each code is and what the most likely suspect is in each case. I bought one a few years ago and it has already paid for itself by providing me the necessary info I need to resolve any car problems. I hope this helps.

mpe235 08-02-2008 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unevanoe (Post 26741)
Ok so I went to autozone this morning and the codes they gave me were: P0420, P0302, P0401...............If anyone could please help and tell whats going on

P0420 is for the catalytic convertor
P0302 is cylinder #2 misfire

This could be a little tricky to figure out. You need to figure out what happened first. Could be #2 cylinder started misfiring and took out the convertor or the convertor could have failed and started plugging up and restricting the air flow causing cylinder #2 to misfire. I would start first by checking the coolant level.A failed headgasket could allow coolant into the cylinder making it misfire. Next you will want to remove the front exhaust tube and look into the catalytic convertor to see if it is damaged.

ukekuke 12-13-2009 05:59 PM

2001 sentra gxe misfiring

Just had this happen to me not 4 days ago.....turned out to be
a coil pack gone bad.........misfiring of #2 cylinder......I have 3
good used ones for sale.

ukekuke