Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Nissan Sentra SE 2.0L (2000) w/ MIL "on" Forums > > Nissan Sentra SE 2.0L (2000) w/ MIL "on" Nissan Sentra SE 2.0L (2000) w/ MIL "on"
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 12-29-2007, 12:35 PM
Sentra2000SE20L

Default Nissan Sentra SE 2.0L (2000) w/ MIL "on"

The Service Engine Soon light indicator is "on" on my 2000 Sentra SE 2.0L. My usual service technician found a P0171 DTC code and told me to bring the car to a Nissan dealership for ECM reprogramming and Oxygen Sensor replacement per NTB02-01. Just brought the car to a dealership and have been told that my mass air flow sensor needs to be replaced ($$$). I doubt my mass air flow sensor is dead beyond repair or the car wouldn't be running like it does. Any advice or suggestion?
Old 12-29-2007, 12:50 PM
Enthusiast

2004 sentra 1.8s

I had that problem with the mass air flow sensor on my Mustang 95, i know its a different car but i could just clean the sensor with a contact cleaner spray, a Q-tip and remove the grim on the(wire part of the sensor).

You need to be very careful not to damage it or destroy it. After the clean-up, you un-plug the battery and restart it. The result was just simply amazing! Cost: about 6$

Try this first and share your experience.

Tags
2000, 20l, mil, nissan, sentra, w or