Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Strut Replacement on 1999 Sentra Forums > > Strut Replacement on 1999 Sentra Strut Replacement on 1999 Sentra
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 12-10-2007, 09:57 AM
mikenycz

Default Strut Replacement on 1999 Sentra

My son and I need to replace the front struts on his 1999 sentra. I looked in the service manual and there are few details. Does anyone have a detailed description of what needs to be done? I assume that I need to compress the spring prior to taking the assembly apart. The service manual seems to really just skim over this. Any more details will be appreciated.

Also, the reason we are replacing the struts is that the car is making a rubbing sounding noise when you turn to the right. We took it to a shop and they said that the bearings were ok, it seemed like bad struts. Looking at them they do seem shot. (removal and inspection will tell for sure). The question I had was whether a bad strut could produce a rubbing type sound while turning the car? I think the struts do need to go but it's the sound that we are really trying to eliminate. Does the sound/diagnosis seem to make sense? Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Mike Nycz

Tags
1999, replacement, sentra, strut