Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
What The ! Forums > > What The ! What The !
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 11-09-2007, 02:00 PM
ERMS

Default What The !

A 2005 sentra 1.8L w/ 41k miles - Has no heat at an idle - raise engine speed to 2000 rpm + you can cook meat in the car - let it idle down + the heat goes cold - I put in a new nissan oem thermostat + refilled coolant w/ a vacuum fill machine - the old coolant was like new (very clean) - the cooling system has never been apart - the blend door is mechanical - I do not see a water valve - Is this trapped air or a bad water pump ? - the heat is so hot that I do not think the core is restricted. -- What am I missing - Thanks in advance.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:15 PM
2015 Rogue

Most likely air. It is fairly common. You still need to bleed the system after using the vacuum tool.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:09 PM
ERMS

Default Found The Problem

My No Heat Situation At Idle Is Most Likely A Leaking Head Gasket - I Put A Radiator Fill Funnel On The Radiator - Added Coolant - Got The Motor Hot - Used The Bleeder Screw On The Thermostat Housing - Air Never Stopped Comming Out - Tightened The Bleeder + Found Air Never Stopped Coming Up Thru The Fill Funnel - (this After The Engine Was Refilled W/ A Vacuum Fill Machine) - Did I Mention That If The Car Sits Over Night Or Longer It Has A Misfire On Cylinder #2 For A Few Seconds - Enough To Intermittantly Set A Code. Vehicle Has Only 41 K Miles On It - Customer Is Going To Have A Heart Attackwhen I Tell Them.