Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
1994 Sentra on its 4th alternator in 2 years.... Forums > > 1994 Sentra on its 4th alternator in 2 years.... 1994 Sentra on its 4th alternator in 2 years....
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 10-30-2007, 08:51 PM
sentra494

Default 1994 Sentra on its 4th alternator in 2 years....

I have replaced the alternator in my 94 Sentra 3 times in the two years I've owned it and was wondering if anyone has heard of this problem with these cars? This time I had a different alternator rebuilt and so far so good. Also I should mention that the battery is only about 1 year old and the car only has 67000 miles on it. It's getting hard to trust this car with all these problems cropping up.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Enthusiast
1997 Quest
2010 Versa
1997, Quest, Versa

i have the same problem; mine has 170,000. my mechanic didn't have many answers except to check all the harness conections for corrosion/bad connection/dirt, check any ground wires for same, for as far as you can trace the wires coming off the alternator.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:33 AM
sentra494

With mine the charging system puts out fine and the battery is good. The first two times I had the alternator that was already in the car rebuilt. This last time I had the shop rebuild me a different one. I'm hoping maybe there was just some internal glitch with the old one. If you look around the internet these older sentra's seem to be notorious for killing alternators. Hopefully this one will last.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:22 AM
Enthusiast
1997 Quest
2010 Versa
1997, Quest, Versa

Hi! I traced the negative battery cable back to the alternator, and I put conncetor grease in all the connectors i could find. I think i have a loose something somewhere; the grease seems to have helped somewhat.

Tags
1994, 4th, alternator, sentra, years