Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
nissan sentra 2.0 se Forums > > nissan sentra 2.0 se nissan sentra 2.0 se
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 10-02-2007, 05:57 PM
ricobeth

Default nissan sentra 2.0 se

can somebody help me on how to replace the illumination bulb on shift consol. I can't see the speed marker at night. thanks
Old 10-07-2007, 02:55 AM
ricobeth

i got info on how to change the illumination bulb in shift control console and it is easy! First, pull up on the ebrake as far as you can and put the car in nutral, i highly suggest leaving the key turned on unless you like the door open beeper....

best way is to...

there is a small cover plate that sits just below the HVAC controls, grasp it by the corners on either side and pull straight back to release it from its clips

remove the two screws at the front of the center console, there is a cover just under the ebrake handle hiding a screw, then put both the front seats forward and pull straight back on the small cover at the rear of the center console, there are two more screws under that cover for 5 total.

lift the rear of the console up to clear the ebrake handle and shifter, and be sure to disconnect the electrical connector for the cigarette lighter if your car has one. set the console to the side and you now have full access to the shifter assembly, the light bulb socket twists 1/4 turn counterclockwise from the wire side to release, the bulb inside is a 194.

installation is the reverse of removal

I got shocked when a nissan dealer service advisor told me it will cost me $120 to replace of a single bulb. Again, this forums really help!
Old 10-07-2007, 05:55 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricobeth View Post
i got info on how to change the illumination bulb in shift control console and it is easy! First, pull up on the ebrake as far as you can and put the car in nutral, i highly suggest leaving the key turned on unless you like the door open beeper....

best way is to...

there is a small cover plate that sits just below the HVAC controls, grasp it by the corners on either side and pull straight back to release it from its clips

remove the two screws at the front of the center console, there is a cover just under the ebrake handle hiding a screw, then put both the front seats forward and pull straight back on the small cover at the rear of the center console, there are two more screws under that cover for 5 total.

lift the rear of the console up to clear the ebrake handle and shifter, and be sure to disconnect the electrical connector for the cigarette lighter if your car has one. set the console to the side and you now have full access to the shifter assembly, the light bulb socket twists 1/4 turn counterclockwise from the wire side to release, the bulb inside is a 194.

installation is the reverse of removal

I got shocked when a nissan dealer service advisor told me it will cost me $120 to replace of a single bulb. Again, this forums really help!
Great set of procedures!

FIND OUT WHAT YOUR REPAIR SHOULD COST?
Repair Cost Estimator

BUY NISSAN ACCESSORIES!
Nissanhelp Store

Tags
nissan, sentra