Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
04 sentra P0340 Forums > > 04 sentra P0340 04 sentra P0340
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 09-03-2007, 05:37 PM
scotty

Default 04 sentra P0340

I've been working on a 2004 sentra 1.8 that is running bad, will not accelerate, seems to get a little better as it warms. It sets a cam sensor code immediatly when cold and when you accelerate at operating temp. If you clear the code it will clear up until it sets the code again a few seconds later. When monitoring cam angle it jumps up to 63 degrees from 0. Have tried all electrical components like ecm, coils, mass airflow senson, air fuel ratio sensor, throttle, cam and crank sensor. I even ran new wire from the cam and crank sensors to the ecm to try to rule out the harness. I have monitored the power supply to the ecm and the sensors and also the grounds. Put a scope on the sensors and there isn't a break in the signal. Does anyone have any ideas
Old 09-04-2007, 04:34 PM
2015 Rogue

The only other thing I could see that might cause a problem would be the vtc sprocket. Has anyone done a headgasket or had the timing chain off for any reason? Chain could be off a tooth or the vtc sprocket could have been damaged if it wasn't locked in place before removing it.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:44 PM
scotty

It originaly came in running bad and the tech scanned it, cleared the code and replaced the cam sensor and thought he had it fixed. He also noticed that the head gasket was leaking to the outside so he replaced it as well. One of the first things I looked at was to make sure that the chain was in time. I will take a closer look at the vtc sprocket. Thank you very much for your input.

Tags
p0340, sentra