Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
99 dental gxe overheating Forums > > 99 dental gxe overheating 99 dental gxe overheating
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 08-15-2017, 11:44 AM
1999 Sentra SE-R

Default 99 sentra gxe overheating

Ok the hopefully of somone here can help me. First of all i live in the mojave desert. In the summer temp outside can easily be above 120 daily. I have a 1999 nissan sentra 1.6 litre. I cant figure out why it keeps overheating, first i Had a leak in the hose that connected upper water pipe to thermostat housing, replaced it, it did stop the leak. But still overheats. Since then i have removed the thermostat, put a new water pump, upper radiator hose one other hose that goes From a 3 way split to thermostat housing. New radiator cap, overflow res looks good, new coolant temp sensor, both fans are working the kick on and off. New power steering pressure switch cause i accidently broke mine. No coolant in oil, no Exaust gasses coming through overflow res, ikes to overheat if i keep it around 200000 rpms. Any ideas would help cause i dont kn.ow what else to check.

Last edited by Socalsmoke; 08-15-2017 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:57 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

It doesn't rule out a bad head gasket, but, I would be suspecting a restrictive radiator. Also, make sure there is not debris or sand stuck in the A/C condenser and/or radiator cores that would restrict flow of airflow through it.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:39 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

I also suspect air in cooling system as you've replaced a few components. That is you've drained old coolant and put in new one.

1. First, from cold start. Remove radiator cap and start engine. You should be able to see coolant is circulating. If coolant seem stagnant, radiator could could be clog. Take notice if you see bubbles as this indicates air in cooling system.
When you see coolant starts to rise as engine heats up re-install radiator cap.

2. There's a procedures in bleeding the cooling system but this one works for me. When engine reach normal operating temperature from #1 above, turn on your heater to high and fan to high setting. Rev engine to 2000 rpm 5-8 seconds. Repeat this one more time and your done. Turn off heater and fan and let engine idle or take it for a spin and hopefully the overheating issue is resolved.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:47 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

GA16DE engines have two bleeders to help get the air out of the system, if I remember correctly.

Tags
dental, gxe, overheating