Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
transmission problems Forums > > transmission problems transmission problems
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 06-26-2016, 08:48 AM
2000 Sentra
2006 Pathfinder

Default transmission problems

background story: my mom has a 2000 Sentra GXE and she's had the p0745 code and hard shifting from 1st to 2nd. I replaced the solenoid assembly and the dropping resistor and the problem is still there. She drove it like this for a few years until i was able to replace the transmission yesterday. After i hooked everything up the code is still there with the hard shifting, I even re-wired the 2 wires going to the solenoid and dropping resistor.
I will run some more troubleshooting today but i'm now leaning towards a bad PCM.

question: How can i tell if this is the california model, we bought the car in california but there is no TCM on the passenger side panel by the door. Also will a bad PCM cause this problem? she's also been having other problems with the car, its stalls out, and before the trans change she was getting a lean bank 1 code. Now is there a way to tell on the PCM if its a "newer compatible" model, if not and I opt out for the same type will I need to bring it to a dealer to get reprogrammed?
thanks, the car isn't worth all this trouble but we cant afford to get another one.

Tags
problems, transmission