Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
08 Nissan Sentra Blower Motor Removal & Installation Forums > > 08 Nissan Sentra Blower Motor Removal & Installation 08 Nissan Sentra Blower Motor Removal & Installation
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 09-19-2012, 03:29 PM
2008 Sentra
2008 Versa

Default 08 Nissan Sentra Blower Motor Removal & Installation

I have a 2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 and the Blower Motor just stopped working, I replaced the Resistor and that blew out after just hours. I removed the Glove Box to locate the Blower Motor and after some looking, I found it up near the top center of the Dash towards the Drivers Side just a tad. You cannot get to it from the Drivers Side and you can barely get to it from the Passengers Side. Under the center Dash there is a Black Unit where everything (Blower Motor, Heater Core, AC, Vents...etc) are connected together, so I can't just take out the Blower Motor.

My question is: How do I properly remove step by step, the Blower Motor without tearing up my whole Dash Board and creating other problems? I cannot find anything on the Internet for Removal or Installation of a 2008 Nissan Sentra, I hope you can help.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Unfortunately you can't. You have to remove the dash to access the blower motor.

Instruction to remove the dash are in the "Instrument Panel" section of the service manual. You can download the section free from here: 2008 Sentra Service Manual - Loose Sections - Free with Registration - Nissanhelp.com
Old 09-20-2012, 05:21 PM
2008 Sentra
2008 Versa

NissanTech - Are you sure that I have to take apart the whole Dash Board in order to get at the Blower Motor? Looking at it from underneath on the Passenger side, it looks like I can't get at it from the top either. There is some obstruction that may be in the way.

By the way, thank you very much for your input and the PDF file. Are there any Service Manual illustrations on the Blower Motor itself?

Lonnie15

Last edited by Lonnie15; 09-20-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

You can find more information on the "Manual Air Condition" section of the service manual. You can download the section free as well from here: 2008 Sentra Service Manual - Loose Sections - Free with Registration - Nissanhelp.com
Old 10-05-2012, 08:22 AM
2008 Sentra

I had this problem with my 08 as well, it's almost impossible to get to it by yourself. After days and days of trying I caved and just took the car to Nissan.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:31 PM
2008 Sentra
2008 Versa

"F"ing Nissan, pardon my French! I may have to cave too!! I can't believe how they would have their collected heads so far up their butt's and move this blower motor from where you can get at it under the glove box, to where you can't. Or they did this on purpose so you have to pay a million dollars to them. Either way, they lost a future customer.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:54 PM
2008 Sentra

Post 2008 Nissan Sentra

removal and installation of heather blower. how do you do this?
Old 04-17-2013, 04:08 PM
2008 Sentra

Default Question re the removal

Does the entire diassembly process need to be done to get at the blower? Or only parts of it? There serms to be alot of sub-assembly removal that could be skipped (at least on firt reading).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTech View Post
Unfortunately you can't. You have to remove the dash to access the blower motor.

Instruction to remove the dash are in the "Instrument Panel" section of the service manual. You can download the section free from here: 2008 Sentra Service Manual - Loose Sections - Free with Registration - Nissanhelp.com
Old 03-19-2016, 09:48 PM
2008 Sentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTech View Post

I know it's an old post but hopefully this will help someone in the future. NissanTech is WRONG!!! You can do this job without taking the entire dash apart. I know, I just did it. Total time was 3 hours but that was because I didn't have a short phillips screwdriver and had to screw around with a small socket wrench and phillips bit for the tight spots. Should be able to get this down in around 2 hours depending on the length of the beer breaks. So much better than taking the dash apart or paying $1200 for someone else to do it.

Tools:
Phillips screwdriver
Short/Stubby Phillips Screwdriver (very important to have!!)
T50 torx socket (T45 will work but it's not a perfect fit so you have to be careful to not strip the bolts)
5/8" Wrench
1/2" deep socket
3/8" socket or wrench
Flashlight
Beer.... 6 pack should be sufficient.

1. Disconnect the battery connections and wait 10 minutes

2. Remove the Driver’s Seat
a. Using the T50 (T45) torx socket, remove the 4 bolts holding the seat down.
b. Disconnect the plugs on the underside of the seat, unclip the wires from the holding clips in order to fully remove the seat from the car.

3. Remove the A/C Duct that is in front of the Gas and Break Pedals
a. Open and remove the tray drawer on the lower left side of the steering wheel (the drawer you remove in order to access the fuses). Remove the single Phillips screw holding the bracket for the duct and carefully remove the duct. This allows for more room.

4. Remove the Gas pedal assembly
a. Please follow the Service Manual (Section ACC page 3) information on this to ensure you do it properly, especially for re-installing upon the completion of the job.
b. Need 3/8” socket or wrench for this

5. Remove the Break Pedal assembly
a. Please follow the Service Manual (Section BR pages 5-7) information on this to ensure you do it properly, especially for re-installing upon the completion of the job.
b. Need 1/2” deep socket for this
c. Remove the Clevis. This is a U shaped bracket from which you removed the snap pin and clevis rod. This is a little tricky considering the small space but you need the 5/8” wrench and long screwdriver and remove the lock nut and unscrew the clevis from the input rod.

6. Beer Break

7. Under the dash, toward the center, you will see a small box with three wire harnesses attached to it. There is a metal bracket with one screw holding it in. Remove the screw and unplug the 3 harness connectors. This will be helpful to out of your way, trust me.

8. Optional Step: I removed the Mode Door Motor to allow more room because I have big hands and arms and it’s a cramped space. If you are able to reach the blower motor and remove and install new motor without removing this, go for it. Removal is found in Section MTC Page 74.

9. Remove the Blower Motor. The Blower Motor is towards the top of the dash and towards the center of the car. Remove the 1 screw and disconnect the plug, twist the motor counter clockwise and then pull out.

10. Beer Break.

11. Re-installation is reverse order of removal.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:19 PM
2009 Sentra
2009 Sentra base model

Default 09 sentra blower motor replacement

First of all, thanks for posting this, you & the other posts I've seen, saved me a bunch of cash at the very least.
After cruising the net, reading all kinds of posts, and fortunately not listening to Nissan and giving them a grand to replace mine, or taking my dash out the way they said, took the job on myself.
Ebay motor, $87 shipped to the house, new
Followed your directions pretty close, very similar to other posts I've read, did it in 2 1/2 hrs on a Sunday am, 3 cups of coffee, 4-5 cigarettes, probably 4 breaks ( started at 7 am, little too early for beer, that was later)
What I did to make it a little easier, I'll post the numbers of your post and my modifications
#4 & #5 - do #7 first, one Phillips screw holding that box in place, unplug the 3 harnesses and put the box & bracket on the passenger seat, out of the way,
Now you can do 4 & 5 easier, room to turn the ratchet take the brake & gas pedal down all at once, 4 #13 mm nuts, you need a deep socket, pull the clip on the clevis pin for the brake pedal rod and push the pin out, unplug the wire harnesses, put that on your passenger seat, out of the way
I left the clevis on, the less you take off, the less you got to put back.
I didn't do #8, and I'm def not the smallest thing around.
When I pulled the blower, pulled it out of the duct, immediately flipped it over, toward top of dash, so fan was facing me, when I got it over the space made by removing the pedals, started bringing it down, turning the fan toward the firewall, and I was able to jump the fan over the studs for the pedal assemblies and the brake rod clevis, came out a lot faster than I expected, assembly was just reversed.
Once again, thanks for the directions to get me started on this
Old 04-01-2016, 04:02 PM
2008 Sentra

Dan,
Glad it helped! Personally I liked having the gas and brake pedals out of the way to make more room before doing the harness box but that's all user preference. Regardless of the order, the thing that is important we saved a crap ton of money. You know the really funny thing? I ordered mine from O'reilly and it came with the wrong plug. Went to Advanced Auto Parts and the guy put power to my motor and it turned on no problem. Therefore my issue was not the blower motor at all but instead the Resistor which is located in a similar area but does not require removing anything else. So I reinstalled my original blower motor and installed the new resistor and AC works perfectly now. Gotta love performing a job that was completely unnecessary lol.
Old 04-02-2016, 04:26 AM
2009 Sentra
2009 Sentra base model

Default Blower Motor

Only needed the resistor? well, at least you got some exercise, hehehe. My blower motor was definitely dying, started making noise at the beginning of winter, I was keeping my fingers crossed it would last till warm weather, some days the noise was bad, had to keep adjusting the speed till it quieted down, turn up the radio, made it to a weekend that I had off and it was in the 40's.
All the Sentra's between 07-12 are supposed to be the same, but with mine, I had to take the box out first, or I couldn't get a socket to the top 2 nuts on the pedal assembly.
Don't work on cars too much, mechanic in a factory all day, who wants to do it at home too? Same car needed struts, local mechanic told me $800 to change them out, so I looked on how to do it online & found out you didn't affect the wheel alignment on these changing the struts, so back to eBay, Monroe struts and springs fully assembled , $299 shipped, while I had it apart I also bought rotors & pads, around $70 shipped, that was another 3 hr Sunday am job,did that one the weekend before the blower motor, these local mechanics and Nissan are losing money with what they are asking for to do the work, forcing me to do it myself.
Rear shocks are the next project. 4 bolts, $75ish for Monroe on eBay, probably an hour tops, wonder how much they would of charged me to do that, $500? hehehe.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:53 PM
2008 Sentra

I also need help installing blower motor for 2008 Nissan sentra
Old 11-10-2021, 12:53 AM
Enthusiast
2006 Sentra

I've noticed that with the 2015 Sentra, Nissan got a little less dumb and made it so that you can drop the glove box (like in the good ol' days) and take the blower motor out from the passenger side. It's not directly behind the glove box, it's still in the center console, but you can now just reach up from the glove box side and pull it out with a simple unlocking twist. No need to remove pedals and all that mess from the driver side..

Does anyone know when they changed it back from the nightmare engineering of the blower motor being directly behind the center console?

They redesigned in 2007. So, I am assuming that from 2007 to either 2012 or 2013....those year models all have the annoying blower motor placement to where you have to remove pedals and work through from the driver side.

Does anyone know if the blower motor on the 2013 was changed, to where it can now be accessed from the passenger side, with the simple twist and pull?

Last edited by Burnt Waffle; 11-10-2021 at 12:57 AM.

Tags
blower, installation, motor, nissan, removal, sentra