Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Smoke under the hood and service engine light on. Forums > > Smoke under the hood and service engine light on. Smoke under the hood and service engine light on.
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 01-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Georgiaboy4ever

Unhappy Smoke under the hood and service engine light on.

So my service engine light kept coming on and off. Until it stayed on. I went to Autozone and had them look up the codes for it. And they said that the thermostat wires or the thermostat itself was the issue. Not soon after that my car started having white smoke come from the under the hood. I replaced the thermostat and turned the car back on and let it idle to see if everything was working right. It still smoked and the check engine light was still on. I found that the smoke was coming from under the heat shield in the front part of the engine. I dont know what to do. Any suggestions at this point?
Old 01-05-2012, 12:10 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

You need to erase the code. Disconnect the battery ground cable for at least 20 minutes. If SES light comes back you have other issues. Scan the ecm again.

Are you losing coolant or having overheating issue. From your description, it could be cracks on any of the hoses and not the most serious cracks. Check the hoses first and give us an update. Hope this helps.

Tags
engine, hood, light, service, smoke