Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Stalling at Deceleration / Stop / Idle Forums > > Stalling at Deceleration / Stop / Idle Stalling at Deceleration / Stop / Idle
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 12-13-2011, 08:21 AM
2000 Sentra

Default Stalling at Deceleration / Stop / Idle

I need some help here.
Have a 2000 Nissan Sentra 1.8 that stalls when decelerating / coming to a stop or occasionally just while idling. No CEL codes and runs good as long as your foot is on the accelerator. New plugs installed about 6-months ago and cat was recently replaced, but stalling had been happening prior to its replacement.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Jason
Old 12-13-2011, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Without accelerating and at stop, does the engine runs rough and stall? I suggest starting by checking the spark plugs again, what type or brand of spark plugs did you installed?
Old 12-13-2011, 10:03 AM
2000 Sentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTech View Post
Without accelerating and at stop, does the engine runs rough and stall? I suggest starting by checking the spark plugs again, what type or brand of spark plugs did you installed?
If the engine did not just immediately come down from acceleration it runs smooth and great at idle. No hesitation with AC or anything. I would have to double check, but I beleive the plugs were Bosch Platinum +4.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:14 PM
2000 Sentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong24 View Post
If the engine did not just immediately come down from acceleration it runs smooth and great at idle. No hesitation with AC or anything. I would have to double check, but I beleive the plugs were Bosch Platinum +4.

Correction: The plugs are NGK CBE4A (NGK V-Power Spark Plug from Advanced Auto Parts.)

Last edited by jasong24; 12-13-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:00 AM
2000 Sentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTech View Post
The plugs appear fine and I would imagine if it was a plug problem it would only get worse with higher throttle which does not happen. Is there a specific plug type you were looking for? Unless there is something on the back side of the engine I am missing I can't find any vacuum leaks. Any other suggestions?

Tags
deceleration, idle, stalling, stop