Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2011 Bluetooth Talks Too Much Forums > > 2011 Bluetooth Talks Too Much 2011 Bluetooth Talks Too Much
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 02-03-2011, 07:51 AM
hildegard47

Default 2011 Bluetooth Talks Too Much

Is there any way to get the new Bluetooth to talk less? If I need to enter "2", for example, during a call to an automated system, there is no way to do so without first waiting for the Bluetooth system to tell me all of the various options. By then, the automated system has given up waiting for me to enter a choice and has started reading me the choices again or has hung up. I have a brand new 2011 Sentra with factory Bluetooth. I used to have a 2008 Sentra with factory Bluetooth, which did not have this problem. It's driving me nuts. Is there an "options" button somewhere to tell Chatty Cathy (my new bluetooth) to shut up so it will just beep and let me say "send 2" without listening to a 30 second litany of options every single time? Thanks.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:22 PM
hildegard47

Still looking for a solution or another system. Has anyone tried a non-Nissan automotive Bluetooth system in a Nissan with a navigation system? If so, can you tell me which other system may work well, and what features it has? I am thinking of looking for another bluetooth system. I understand it probably has to be compatible with both the existing navigation system and my mobile phone. Thanks.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:51 PM
SteveHebe

It's crazy isn't it???? It's sad that this bluetooth system is this poor, makes me regret that I paid for the upgraded audio pkg. I am going back to my cheapo Jabra Cruiser that I paid $20 for.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:17 PM
Jonnny Z

I just bought a 2011 Sentra. I've learned that once you hit the "call" button on your steering wheel, to stop it from going through the list of commands, just hit the "call" button again. That will stop the voice and the system will be ready to take the next command. With regards to needing to enter a number (I assume as in an extension or something), there are steps to quickly get there that you'll be able to find in your manual on 4-71. If you don't have the manual, you can always google it (I just did...and found that page for you). I hope that helps! :)

Tags
2011, bluetooth, bluetooth 2011 sentra, talks