Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
06' Sentra- what are shift points/speed for 1.8 auto? Forums > > 06' Sentra- what are shift points/speed for 1.8 auto? 06' Sentra- what are shift points/speed for 1.8 auto?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 05-08-2011, 05:33 PM
hogan

Default 06' Sentra- what are shift points/speed for 1.8 auto?

got a new transmission and not sure it is working well. nissan n/a had them use a friction modifier on the new tranny fluid before authorizing new TCU and drop line resistor - I am told new tranny didn't shift well for first 5 miles so they had to disconnect and reconnect TCU and told me to keep an eye on it. if it goes bad now it is a harness problem they said- but I think the tranny is lazy or slipps

used to shift smooth and crisp between 1-2 and 2-3 and had good downshifting for passing - but it had a rolling chatter between 2200-2500 rpm that was supposedly torque converter not fully releasing..

now it will rev/slip for ~200 rpm before it shifts and on the highway if I go to pass at 70 mph it will race to 6500 rpm before downshifting for pass -it used to downshift at 4500 -5000 and I never saw 6500 rpms ..

Tags
auto, points or speed, sentra, shift