Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Cost to replace Fuel Pump Forums > > Cost to replace Fuel Pump Cost to replace Fuel Pump
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 05-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Enthusiast
2001 Maxima
2005 Sentra

Default Cost to replace Fuel Pump

I have a 2005 Sentra, 1.8L. It is in for the gas tank and EVAP recall. took it to the dealer - they are replacing them. They said the fuel pump was also bad and needed to be replaced. The cost would be $500 since they were already working on the gas system. If I wait, it will be $800. Why is that so high? Is the fuel pump in the gas tank? Shouldn't they have to take it out of the old and put it in the new either way?

I need to make a decision tomorrow, so if you could reply tonight, that would be great.

Thanks in advance. This forum is really great.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Enthusiast
2001 Maxima
2005 Sentra

Got a little more info. I called my local corner shop - they want $550. I looked as the FSM and see it is pretty easy to fix. So I called my local O'Reilly's for the pump - it cost $430 for an after market part!!! So, I'm going to let the dealer do it for $500 - it comes with a life-time warranty I think. Wow that's an expensive part!!!

Old 05-06-2011, 07:13 PM
Enthusiast
2001 Maxima
2005 Sentra

Oh, the dealer said that the fuel pump is a common problem on this year and model. Drag.

Tags
cost, fuel, pump, replace