Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Engine Code P2A00 Forums > > Engine Code P2A00 Engine Code P2A00
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 04-03-2011, 05:27 AM
Enthusiast
2003 Sentra
2003 Sentra SE-R

I believe you are correct on my 03 location. I can't speak for the later model years.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:01 PM
DareDevil

I relocated the sensor to the lower bung of the header and also did a relearn as described in the second post. Unfortunately the code returned within 15 miles of driving.

I also took a can of carb cleaner & went all over the header and the intake. No change in the idle of the car.

I'm seriously considering getting an obd app for my iPhone so I can see everything that each sensor is putting out.

What could I be missing here?
Old 04-10-2011, 11:41 AM
DareDevil

If an injector were leaking I'm thinking the computer could be leaning out the other 3 cylinders causing that whitish/yellowish color on my o2. Does that make sense? Sometimes the car will take longer than I think it should to start, and maybe an injector has been the problem all along since I can't find any leaks on the intake or exhaust.

If I did have an injector leaking, wouldn't it cause some sort of drivability problems or excessive fuel consumption? I really haven't noticed anything like that thus far.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by DareDevil; 04-10-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:03 PM
DareDevil

Can anyone give me an idea of what the O2 sensor readings should look like on my car? I've recently bought an application that tells me basically every supported sensor on the car, and I'm hoping I can better troubleshoot knowing what the ECM is seeing.

Here is a sample of my O2 readings. Do they look normal?

Old 04-24-2011, 10:52 PM
DareDevil

So I plugged my iPhone into my girl's car. Same as mine except hers is a 2003 while mine is a 2006. Her a/f sensor is constantly flipping between rich & lean just like I always thought it should. Mine, on the other hand, seems to like to stay right around .023-.029 volts. It will increase if I blip the throttle a little, but other than that the graph is pretty much a flatline. Would this be an indicator that the sensor is bad, or that there is something else, like an exhaust leak, going on here?
Old 05-02-2011, 10:32 AM
DareDevil

I read an article on vacuum leaks, and it gave me some suggestions on short and long term fuel trim values. I'm curious if someone here can better guide me based on what my car is reading.

My long term fuel trim is a straight flatline at 0%.

My short term fuel trim sits around 14% at idle, and goes as high as 20% during acceleration. Upon deceleration it will drop to as low as 6% before returning to 13%-14% at idle.

I realize this is all running lean, and the yellowish/whitish color of the primary O2 futher proves the lean condition. The fuel trim readings differ from the article I read describing a vacuum leak at idle.

Can anyone provide me any assistance?
Old 05-05-2011, 01:03 PM
DareDevil

I've noticed that while driving, my A/F sensor is reading something around .26v while the rear O2 is reading .89v. Is it possible that since I've removed the "pre-cat," the computer is seeing the higher voltage reading from the 2nd O2 and leaning out the fuel trims causing the lean condition?

Either way, I think tonight I'm going to put in some new spark plugs and wire in an O2 simulator to my rear sensor. It's supposed to stabilize the voltage and fool the computer into thinking the pre-cat is still there.

Tags
code, engine, p2a00