Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
heater not heating up Forums > > heater not heating up heater not heating up
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 11-02-2012, 04:07 PM
2000 Sentra

Default heater not heating up

Hi,
I have a 2000 Nissan Sentra, the A/C works, THe blower works fine but about a mounth ago the heater stoped working. I relaced the radiator about six months ago, and now I replaced the thermostat, flushed the heater coil, filled the radiator with new anti-freeze but still no heat. I read that there may be air in the system and that there was a valve to bleed the air near the housing for the thermostat but there is not one. I am at wits end and need help. I would appreciat help.

Last edited by guru1999; 11-02-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2001 Pathfinder
2001 Sentra

you may not need to bleed through the valve. All you need to do (when engine is warm/hot) is to rev the engine to 2,500 for 10 seconds, release accelerator. Do this a couple of times. Check the coolant level in the overflow tank and radiator and top iff if needed.

If you don't notice any drop in coolant level, either the system is bled, heater coil is plugged, or the heat control valve is faulty.

You mentioned you flushed the heater coil.How did you do that?

Tags
heater, heating, jeating