Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
"CD disk read error" Forums > > "CD disk read error" "CD disk read error"
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 09-21-2010, 07:49 AM
tknaack

Exclamation "CD disk read error"

I have a 2007 Nissan Sentra S. Recently, my CD player stopped reading CDs. I've tried several different CDs and I continually receive the same error message. Yesterday, I bought a Memorex disc that's supposed to clean out the CD player - same error message (it doesn't read the cleaning disc)! I haven't been able to bring my car in and wont be able to until November (ugh). Any ideas of what I may be able to do to fix the problem?
Old 09-21-2010, 06:25 PM
vaugrae1

sounds like you need a new cd player. Not sure how much a factory radio is for your car, but it may be cheaper geting a radio put in by a car audio shop. I would shop around before comitting to one or the other.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:51 AM
tknaack

OK thanks for the input!
Old 09-27-2010, 05:44 PM
Enthusiast

2004 sentra 1.8s

You can always try as a last ressource to completely remove the power from the CD unit. It might reset the computer inside. But buying a brand new car stereo will be more cheaper then fixing the OEM unit or replacing it with another Nissan unit. (300$can. to fix my Nissan CD player on my own 2004 Sentra/compared to 80$ for a good quality Sony car stereo CD player on sale at my local Best Buy)

Tags
cd disk read error