Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
OBD Scanner Forums > > OBD Scanner OBD Scanner
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 09-27-2010, 09:31 PM
Enthusiast
2002 Sentra

Default OBD Scanner

Which scanner would you receommend for a 2002 Nissan Sentra? Comparing the features on the following link, i think any one of the Equus Innova 3140, 3150, or 3160 will work.

Cheap Equus on SALE! ( Up to 50% Off ) FREE Shipping on Qualified orders. Buy discount & low prices. - Equus 3160 Innova ABS + Professional CanOBD2 Diagnostic Code Scanner for OBDII Vehicles with Back-lit Screen and Enhanced Live Data

However, i am leaning towards the 3150, as that appears to be the cheapest. Any reason i shouldn't go for it?
Old 09-30-2010, 04:59 AM
nobardin

I have the innova 3130 and it works well with my 2000 sentra. A lot of the functions I wanted it for are disabled, but from what I read that is nissan's doing not the scanners fault. A lot of them work on my wifes 07 ford focus

I am not sure about the 3150 on this. However, if I wanted to "Update" my 3130 I have to pay for it. It is not a free update, and the canobd2 site they make sound all great..is only great if you pay for it...and then still may not be that great.

The ABS monitor and the advanced DTC's are not available for nissan sadly.

Overall the Equus innova scanners are good tools, and any of thoes should work with your car. All 96 and newer vehicles have an OBD2 port. By the way, it doesn't say so, and I am not sure if I just got lucky or not. However, the 3130 I own does have a backlit screen.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by nobardin; 09-30-2010 at 05:03 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Enthusiast
2002 Sentra

Thanks for the reply and the caution on the "update," nobardin. I think i will go for either one of them that i can find at the cheapest price.

Tags
obd, scanner