Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Sentra 2001 ECM and Ignition Coil Forums > > Sentra 2001 ECM and Ignition Coil Sentra 2001 ECM and Ignition Coil
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 09-11-2010, 11:20 AM
robycris

Default Sentra 2001 ECM and Ignition Coil

Excuse me, I saw a thread you posted some time ago about a code P1320 and P0300 in a Sentra 2001. The production date of my car is 10/00 and it is a 2001 Sentra. I had several problems with my car and the ignition coils, and it turned out to be a bad ECM. The Coils were burned up and cracked when the problem was there. I replaced the bad ECM with another one as well as new coils, they are the fat ones and not the thin ones, when the mechanic installed them, he told me that I needed the thin ones, but I rechecked and in the manual says i need the fat ones, which are the same that my car had originally. The car worked just fine for 6 months, now I do have the same problem. I do have P1320 and P0300 codes again and the car stalls. Do you know if it is the computer again? or what could be causing the ECM to get burned up again?

I appreciate the time you took to read this lenghty message.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:52 AM
robycris

I checked the voltage between ground and + and it is battery voltage. I also checked the end from the ECM to the ground and found 25 ohms for all four couls.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:38 PM
robycris

Please helppp me. I am quite desperate :( Nissan Techs where are you? =(
Old 09-16-2010, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Unfortunately your problem is a bit complicated and it is difficult to recommend replacing any parts without doing any test.

I had a similar problem last year, customer replaced 3 ECMs and 3 sets of coils (aftermarket) at the dealer and still had the same problem. Since the problem will take 2-3 months to developed, it was very difficult to duplicate once new ECM and coils was installed.

After installing the last set of coils and ECM at my shop, I suggested replacing the engine harness and add a grounding kit (similar to this one). It's been more than a year and the problem has not return.

Tags
2001, coil, ecm, ignition, sentra