Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2005 Nissan Sentra Heater Problems Forums > > 2005 Nissan Sentra Heater Problems 2005 Nissan Sentra Heater Problems
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 12-22-2009, 11:27 AM
CameronB

Default 2005 Nissan Sentra Heater Problems

Well I have replaced the thermostat and I have plenty of fluid in the radiator and overfill tank. The air blows but no heat after started, but if I get on an expressway and have the engine going over 2,000 on the tach the air starts heating up. Also when I am at idle it can blow out cold air but I can rev the engine to 2,000 as well and hot air starts to come out but immediately turns cold again when I let idle at normal level. Any help please.....no but seriously pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeee.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:49 PM
CameronB

Default Update

Well i do not actually have to be driving. I can rev the engine up past 1.50 on the tach if the heater is blowing out cold air and the air will heat up but the minute i take my foot off of the pedal and the engine idles right under 1,000 the temp goes back down to luke warm. Works fine if I am driving at a steady pace past 60mph but any slower or if I am in park no heat.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:12 PM
Master Enthusiast
1997 Altima
1995 Sentra
1995 Nissan sentra

You still have air in the cooling system. Need to bleed the cooling system. Raise the frint of the vehicle as high as you can safely and put a funnel in rad fill and rev engine 2000-3000 rpm with a few shots of throttle until all the air is removed or the heat stays.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:13 AM
CameronB

Default related

would that cause my AC to do the same thing?
Old 12-31-2009, 06:18 AM
Enthusiast
2002 Sentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronB View Post
would that cause my AC to do the same thing?

Air in the cooling system will cause all kinds of havoc. I put a new stat in my 02 about 6 months ago and it took forever to get the air out. It ran fine until recently and now it is acting up again. Wasted money on a new stat because I believe air is getting in somewhere. Will jack up front end to get the air out and use pressure tester to see if it is constant which would mean tracking down the air leak or intake of air into the system.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:22 AM
Master Enthusiast
1997 Altima
1995 Sentra
1995 Nissan sentra

If the charge is low in your a/c system you may experience what I call refrigerant rush through the Evaporator in the dash.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:55 AM
Enthusiast
2002 Sentra

Thumbs up Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamcast View Post
If the charge is low in your a/c system you may experience what I call refrigerant rush through the Evaporator in the dash.
Freon is ok. Mechanic tried another stat and took off the water pump but everything there ok. Putting a used motor in this week. Problem solved.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:14 AM
keithb723

It could be a bad head gasket. Had a similiar problem no heat changed t stat water pump, flushed radiator still no heat turned out the head gasket was bad. From what I understand quite a few people have had this problem at low milage.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:24 AM
Enthusiast
2002 Sentra

Default Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithb723 View Post
It could be a bad head gasket. Had a similiar problem no heat changed t stat water pump, flushed radiator still no heat turned out the head gasket was bad. From what I understand quite a few people have had this problem at low milage.

Your exactly right. I got 220000 or about before the engine developed this problem. It makes one think it can be solved with a stat or some additive but once the gap is there the only thing to do on one with so many miles is to put in another engine as I did or trade. I got a replacement engine with 30000 on it and with installation and engine the cost was about 1200. So far it runs great. No worries.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:52 PM
stgillespie.1

Default 2005 nissan sentra

Reading all of the posts about the head gaskets, make me wonder has anyone had one of these over heat and it just be a bad thermostat and not the head gasket?
Old 12-27-2011, 03:58 AM
Enthusiast
2002 Sentra

How many miles on your car? At 150 to 200,000 you can expect these small engines to start giving problems. What size engine? As recent as the 80s and early 90s you could only expect about 120,000 out of four cylinder motors sold to the public. It only takes about 30 minutes or less to install a stat and it is not that expensive. If that does not help you have other problems. I am guessing you know what parts make up the cooling system. If it is not a stopped up radiator, hose, or stat or sensor problem then you may be looking at a blown gasket or warped head. Since these aluminum motors cannot be rebuilt without some expense and most local shops will not even attempt to do so you might be better off trading or having a used engine installed as I did on a 2002 I have. Good Luck!
Old 01-19-2012, 05:46 AM
2003 Sentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmw View Post
How many miles on your car? At 150 to 200,000 you can expect these small engines to start giving problems. What size engine? As recent as the 80s and early 90s you could only expect about 120,000 out of four cylinder motors sold to the public. It only takes about 30 minutes or less to install a stat and it is not that expensive. If that does not help you have other problems. I am guessing you know what parts make up the cooling system. If it is not a stopped up radiator, hose, or stat or sensor problem then you may be looking at a blown gasket or warped head. Since these aluminum motors cannot be rebuilt without some expense and most local shops will not even attempt to do so you might be better off trading or having a used engine installed as I did on a 2002 I have. Good Luck!
My wife's car just started this with the heat. It used to come on shortly after warm up and be very hot. Now it takes forever to get hot and only when RPM is high. Car only has 70000, it's an '03

oh, and the t-stat was replaced twice already within 6 mo of each other, last year bout mid yr
Old 01-19-2012, 05:50 AM
2003 Sentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamcast View Post
You still have air in the cooling system. Need to bleed the cooling system. Raise the frint of the vehicle as high as you can safely and put a funnel in rad fill and rev engine 2000-3000 rpm with a few shots of throttle until all the air is removed or the heat stays.
why do you put funnel in the fill?
Old 01-18-2018, 04:28 PM
2005 Sentra

2005 Sentra Rockford fosgate radio/cd player p/n 28185 zg10b. Out of car. Want to test. What pins do I put 12v to or can I get a schematic

Tags
2005, 2005 nissan sentra, heater, nissan, problems, sentra, thermostat