Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2002 Sentra SER SpecV - thermostat and hose? Forums > > 2002 Sentra SER SpecV - thermostat and hose? 2002 Sentra SER SpecV - thermostat and hose?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 02-23-2012, 07:44 AM
2002 Sentra

Default 2002 Sentra SER SpecV - thermostat and hose?

I'm considering buying a 2002 Sentra SER Spec V with about 92,000 miles on it. The guy who's selling it called me to say that the check engine light suddenly came on, but his mechanic says that it was minor issue due to "a hose and the thermostat" and that he's fixing it - I know that's pretty vague, but is this something I should be worried about? Should I back out of buying this car?

I'm looking to buy it for a 45 mile commute (each way) and was hoping for a car that is fun and relatively good on gas.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:08 AM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Ask for the code or better yet have an independent shop scan the ecm. Check the service record. At that mileage, you will need to replace the O2 sensors soon. Check under the hood for corroded ground connection at the engine. Check motor oil for signs of HG leak. Look for signs of previous repairs like wiring harnesses being unwrap. Look in the gas tank area for possible damage, corrosion to the EVAP system. In short, Look, Listen, and Ask Questions. Good luck.

Tags
2002, hose, sentra, ser, specv, thermostat