Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Security Indicator Light Flashes When Key Removed Forums > > Security Indicator Light Flashes When Key Removed Security Indicator Light Flashes When Key Removed
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Rogue Nissan Rogue Discussion Forum

Old 10-26-2008, 06:33 PM
jrusel

Default Security Indicator Light Flashes When Key Removed

My security indicator light is flashing on the gauge panel when I remove the key and leave the car. Should I be concerned about the battery being drained if I do not drive the car for a few days or will the light burn out?

Is it normal for the security indicator light to flash when you take the key out?
Old 10-26-2008, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

No, it shouldn't flash. Does your Rogue have intelligent key or regular key? If you do have intelligent key, then the light flashes when there is another key inside the vehicle.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:18 PM

2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

In Canada our Rogue installed with Immobilizer Key System, so when took the key out it will flashing. Drain the battery or not, I cannot answer, may be Nissan Tech will answer that question.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:04 PM
deeznuts

Is it a rapid flash, a constant blinking. Or is there definite time between flashes (flash, 10 sec. pause, flash again ..etc..) If it's not a rapid flash, then that's completely normal and you have nothing to worry about
Old 10-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

The flashing lite is normal and will not drain the battery in any short period of time. There is nothing to worry about.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:13 AM
Link3220

My g/f's Xterra has the same problem. When the truck is shut off and key removed, security light will blink rapidly (every second). Battery is brand new and seems to have and keep a good charge, so that's not it (at least I think it's not). To make it worse, the alarm will go off at all hours. Last night I had to disable the battery. Any ideas how to fix this problem, or at the very least disable the alarm? Couldn't find a fuse on the inside panel, but found another fuse box behind the battery this morning. Anything I could pull to keep the alarm from sounding at 2 a.m.? Btw, it is a factory installed alarm. Thank you very much for any help.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:58 AM
Teri48

Exclamation My Security Indicator Light is Red

When I got into my car this morning, (I have a 2007 Nissan Altima) my Security Indicator Light (a picture of a car and a key) doesn't blink it just stays lit and it is red. What does this mean?
Old 05-29-2010, 07:31 PM
circusmom

i had a similar problem. i have an aramada. i backed out of a parking spot and the car stalled. i tried to turn it back on but nothing. after a few minutes the car started but the light stayed on. i drove awhile then truned the car off and started it again after about 20 minutes. the light is off now. does anyone know what that light means???
Old 07-30-2010, 09:05 PM
redxterra

I just got a 2010 Xterra and the light is son and it solid not flashing I removed the keys I had in it what dose that mean when it solid is it safe will it turn off eventually ?
Old 04-29-2013, 10:08 AM
2005 200SX

my nissan tiida latio have a brink of an icon of a car with a key in side, what does this means?

Tags
flashes, indicator, key, light, removed, security