Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
08 Rogue ABS Actuator Forums > > 08 Rogue ABS Actuator 08 Rogue ABS Actuator
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Rogue Nissan Rogue Discussion Forum

Old 09-06-2011, 06:52 AM
cam659

Default 08 Rogue ABS Actuator

It has about 55,000 mile. Brakes have always been real tight but over the last couple of weeks the became less sensative and then started going all the way to the floor with no back preasure. To stop you would have to pump the brakes. I flushed and blead the lines on all 4 corners and went ahead and replaced the pads front and back but same thing. So i take it to the dealer and after 5 days they say it is the ABS actuator...$1400 wow. I guess my question is, is there anything i can do to atleast help reduce the cost of this. Or could it be some other problem?
Old 09-06-2011, 03:36 PM
2015 Rogue

Do you have any lights on (abs ,vdc,slip)? I have not yet seen any problems with the Rogue abs actuators. I would try bleeding them again.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:11 AM
cam659

no there are no lights on. and it is very unpredictible. some time it stops fine, some times the petal will go half way, and sometimes the petal hits the floor and you keep going. the dealer did bleed them thinking that was the problem but that was'nt it. the service lady told me they were on the phone with tech support for a while but they didnt know what or why it was doing it. i did find a used one i gonna try out.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:37 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam659 View Post
no there are no lights on. and it is very unpredictible. some time it stops fine, some times the petal will go half way, and sometimes the petal hits the floor and you keep going. the dealer did bleed them thinking that was the problem but that was'nt it. the service lady told me they were on the phone with tech support for a while but they didnt know what or why it was doing it. i did find a used one i gonna try out.
I would be looking at the brake booster. I have never seen an abs pump cause a soft pedal unless it had air trapped in it.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:39 PM
cam659

well it ended up bei the master cylinder. i was not leaking but i guess had some sort of bypass problem

Tags
abs, actuator, rogue