Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2010 Rogue - Sudden Radio Signal Issues Forums > > 2010 Rogue - Sudden Radio Signal Issues 2010 Rogue - Sudden Radio Signal Issues
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Rogue Nissan Rogue Discussion Forum

Old 05-20-2012, 05:47 AM
2010 Rogue

Unhappy 2010 Rogue - Sudden Radio Signal Issues

Hi all,

All of a sudden my radio reception for FM and AM is terrible. For the most part I cannot listen to my radio at all. CD and satellite channel work fine. I have the SL model with the Bose equipment. I have a small antenna on the rear which I think is the satellite antenna. I have taken it off to see if it damaged and it is not. Where is the radio antenna located at? Just wondering if it is on the windshield, rear window or is it the same antenna for the satellite signal? I checked the fuse box and the fuses seemed fine, besides if the fuse was bad the audio system would be down, right?

I would like your input. Vehicle is out of warranty, I am unemployed due to recent lay off - so money is very tight!

Thank you.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Enthusiast
2008 Rogue
2008 Rogue

Sounds like the antenna is having an issue. I am wondering if it is disconnected from the back of the radio head unit. Has it worked fine up until this point or has it been slowly getting worse and finally gave up?
Old 05-20-2012, 02:45 PM
2010 Rogue

Thank you for your reply. It started suddenly; one minute the radio was fine and then all of a sudden the reception began to fade in and out. And that's how it has remained. It is extremely annoying.

I want to try to troubleshoot before I take to a radio shop - I don't want to be ripped off!

So the radio antenna is the same one as the satellite antenna (the one located on the roof top) or is the radio antenna on the windshield or rear window? If its the antenna on the roof top will I have to replace the entire roof top unit or just the antenna that screws off?

Thanks for trying to help!!
Old 05-20-2012, 02:49 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 167Rogue View Post
Hi all,

All of a sudden my radio reception for FM and AM is terrible. For the most part I cannot listen to my radio at all. CD and satellite channel work fine. I have the SL model with the Bose equipment. I have a small antenna on the rear which I think is the satellite antenna. I have taken it off to see if it damaged and it is not. Where is the radio antenna located at? Just wondering if it is on the windshield, rear window or is it the same antenna for the satellite signal? I checked the fuse box and the fuses seemed fine, besides if the fuse was bad the audio system would be down, right?

I would like your input. Vehicle is out of warranty, I am unemployed due to recent lay off - so money is very tight!

Thank you.
The antenna for the radio and satellite radio are one assembly. The satellite antenna is in the base and the fm antenna is the mast that comes out of the base. Is the antenna mast still on the vehicle? Has there been any accident damage to the right rear of the vehicle?
ASE Master Certified.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:56 PM
2010 Rogue

The antenna is still on. No damage whatsoever. I was driving and suddenly the stations began to fade in and out. I removed and reinstalled the antenna thinking that it may be loose but that was no help.

I have not had any other issues with my Rogue at all! So I have been a happy Rogue owner! But I want my radio reception back!!! I am packing my IPod with music in order to plug it in - tired of driving in silence!!!

Tags
2010, issues, radio, reception, rogue, signal, sudden