Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Power Sliding Door Won't Lock Forums > > Power Sliding Door Won't Lock Power Sliding Door Won't Lock
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 08-12-2007, 04:43 AM
senatedon

Default Power Sliding Door Won't Lock

On our '06, the passenger side power sliding door will not lock.

No matter how many times we press the lock button on the key fob or press lock from within, the door will not lock.

Sometimes, when opening it from the outside, the alarm will sound, but the door opens anyway. Most times, the door just opens.

I won't tell you where we live because you're not welcome to our stuff, but please let me know if there is an owner fix to this.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:15 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by senatedon View Post
On our '06, the passenger side power sliding door will not lock.

No matter how many times we press the lock button on the key fob or press lock from within, the door will not lock.

Sometimes, when opening it from the outside, the alarm will sound, but the door opens anyway. Most times, the door just opens.

I won't tell you where we live because you're not welcome to our stuff, but please let me know if there is an owner fix to this.
Until you get a reply from a technician - it sounds like it might be your lock actuator.

I pulled a few pages from your Service Manual - Section BL - BODY, LOCK & SECURITY SYSTEM.

Hope this helps...
Attached Thumbnails
Power Sliding Door Won't Lock-1-gif   Power Sliding Door Won't Lock-2-gif   Power Sliding Door Won't Lock-3-gif   Power Sliding Door Won't Lock-4-gif  

FIND OUT WHAT YOUR REPAIR SHOULD COST?
Repair Cost Estimator

BUY NISSAN ACCESSORIES!
Nissanhelp Store
Old 08-12-2007, 08:42 AM
2015 Rogue

Not likely an owner fix. Sounds like a problem with the lock mechanism. A 2006 should still be under warranty.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:39 AM
senatedon

Default Off to Service

The service tech tells me that I must bring it in so they can take the door panel off.

Thanks for the replies, but it looks like Nissan will be keeping the van for the day.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:14 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by senatedon View Post
The service tech tells me that I must bring it in so they can take the door panel off.

Thanks for the replies, but it looks like Nissan will be keeping the van for the day.
Please let us know what they do.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:41 PM
mandersin

I'm resurrecting this thread to see if senatedon or someone else has had this problem fixed.

I have a 2004 Quest whose driver side sliding door also will not lock - this just started happening recently (at least that I've noticed). I've tried using both the internal electronic door lock on the driver handle as well as the key fob. All other doors lock but the one. I've manually flipped the switch inside on the door, but it's a pain since this is where I've got a car seat.

Curious to know if others have gotten this fixed... found this post and decided not to create a new one - yet.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:49 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandersin View Post
I'm resurrecting this thread to see if senatedon or someone else has had this problem fixed.

I have a 2004 Quest whose driver side sliding door also will not lock - this just started happening recently (at least that I've noticed). I've tried using both the internal electronic door lock on the driver handle as well as the key fob. All other doors lock but the one. I've manually flipped the switch inside on the door, but it's a pain since this is where I've got a car seat.

Curious to know if others have gotten this fixed... found this post and decided not to create a new one - yet.
It is usually the lock actuator.

Tags
door, lock, power, sliding