Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Emergency 97 Quest Please Help Forums > > Emergency 97 Quest Please Help Emergency 97 Quest Please Help
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 02-08-2008, 07:27 AM
poetofdemorest

Question Emergency 97 Quest Please Help

The van is not starting. I believe it is the interupt system part of the Anti-Theft.

It either starts right up no problem or nothing at all. I have checked the fuses and they are good.

I was able to do a jump start today and I'm going to have the battery and starter tested.

I turned the van over 3 times and disconnected the jumper cables turned it over 2 more times to make sure. Then the third time nothing happened again.

I need to get the air blower turned off. I don't know how or why, but during the time I was checking fuses I pulled the 7.5 amp inside the car and it is good, but now the air blower runs and there is no power light on for the AC. the buttons do not light up or react.

So questions
1. Can I disable the anti-theft? or at lest the interupt system so that I can turn the car on (I'm hoping that is the reason the van is not turning over in the first place) If so How?
2. Can I disable the front Air Blower? If so How?

I believe the Air Blower is draining the battery even when it is turned on, but hard to tell.

Any suggestions, thoughts, comments, good advise is accepted.

Scott...

Tags
emergency, quest