Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2001~a/c blowing warm when car is idling Forums > > 2001~a/c blowing warm when car is idling 2001~a/c blowing warm when car is idling
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 06-11-2007, 05:18 AM
sabrespa

Default 2001~a/c blowing warm when car is idling

While I'm driving the a/c is ice cold and wonderful, but the minute I stop and the car is idling it starts blowing warm air. Also, this only happens when it's really, really hot outside. Most mornings it blows cool continuously but in the 90 degree afternoons it doesn't.

Any ideas?

If this is an expensive repair I may just cry!:( lol!
Old 06-25-2007, 08:57 AM
rodja90

Does the car over heat? and does it idle rough? if if does then I would check to see if the radiator fan is working when the car is at a stop. it could possibly be a temp sensor for that fan to run. Your AC coil in the front of your car needs air flowing thu it. That is where I would start. hope this helps.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:25 PM
EMB120Capt

Probably wouldnt hurt to check and see if it needs a refridgerant charge too.

Last edited by EMB120Capt; 07-22-2007 at 07:56 PM.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:24 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrespa View Post
While I'm driving the a/c is ice cold and wonderful, but the minute I stop and the car is idling it starts blowing warm air...SNIP
I agree with rodja90 - You need to make sure there is good air flow through the condenser. This is in front of the radiator. Make sure no bugs or stuff are blocking it. Then make sure that the electric cooling fan is working properly. There needs to be air moving across the condenser to cool properly. When you are moving - you have the benefit of all that air movement. When you are standing still or moving slow - well, you have to rely on your fan and the condition (obstructions) of your condenser, etc.

Hope this helps...

FIND OUT WHAT YOUR REPAIR SHOULD COST?
Repair Cost Estimator

BUY NISSAN ACCESSORIES!
Nissanhelp Store

Last edited by vpnavy; 07-23-2007 at 02:13 AM.

Tags
2001a or c, blowing, car, idling, warm