Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Broken radio/DVD player Forums > > Broken radio/DVD player Broken radio/DVD player
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 08-01-2013, 07:30 PM
2004 Quest

Default Broken radio/DVD player

Hello, I have a 2004 Nissan Quest that I bought used. Soon after, the radio and DVD player both starting shutting off intermittently until they both totally stopped working. I bought a replacement radio, but I realized that it was the wrong model-made for a Bose system, which I don't have. I left it. The vehicle since I could listen to the radio quietly with it in. When it was put in, the DVD player started working again, but soon after the DVDs would get stuck in the player. It eventually stopped working again. I finally got the correct radio today and it works just fine. The DVD player is working too. We're the DVD player problems tied to the radio? Since I now have a functioning radio, will the DVD player continue to work just fine, or will it likely stop working soon again?
Thanks for your help
Old 08-13-2013, 04:28 AM
2004 Quest

These radios suck and most - if not all - issues are tied to the main unit mounted low in your center console. There was probably nothing wrong w your DVD player in the first place.

Tags
broken, player, radio or dvd