Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2004 nissan quest se problems Forums > > 2004 nissan quest se problems 2004 nissan quest se problems
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 07-30-2012, 08:36 PM
2004 Quest

Default 2004 nissan quest se problems

Hello i been having a few problems with my quest and hoping someone has experienced this also so i can get some ideas of what to do.
So as im driving around the city and it starts getting to its regular operating temperature, about 15minutes of driving it starts acting weird. As i go for a stop and accelerate and go into second gear about 20mph point theres is a very hard pull and then a hard thump. And then it starts pulling itself and the rpms go up then down then up again then its fine. As i start to decelerate also at the 20mph point it gears down and another hard pull and thump. What can be the cause of this?
Also when i drive in the freeway and drive a good distance it looses power. When i go up a steep hill it just dies off and accelerates at a very low speed. The gas pedal can be floored and the car is going 40mph, very unsafe in a freeway. What i am confused about is i have to completely stop, turn off the car and like magic power is restored but the thumping is still there it has to sit for a good hour and cool down for it to work normally. Any help is extremely appreciated.thanks
Old 08-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2004 Quest
2004 Quest

How many Miles? is the "service engine soon" light on?

Tags
2004, nissan, problems, quest