Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
P0300 Help..... Forums > > P0300 Help..... P0300 Help.....
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 07-20-2015, 09:46 AM
2007 Quest
2007 Quest

Default P0300 Help.....

Hi All....I have a 2007 Nissan quest that gave me a P0302 last week Monday. I replaced the spark plug and the coil and seemed to solve the problem. Friday night while driving I had a complete loss of power. I was able to tow it home and got a P0300. I noticed the battery terminal was corroded so I cleaned it this morning...It starts a little better but still running very rough and getting the same P0300. I can rev the engine in park and neutral and get over 3000 RPM's. When in drive and reverse I get no more than 1000 RPM's. I can barely get enough power to get it into my garage. I need to get this back on the road. Is there a way to test the coils, cam sensor's ETC. I plan to change all the plugs and fuel filter first. I also got a P1421 this morning. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:03 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Do the P1421 first. Check and/or replace air filter. Do visuals on air box and intake tubes for debris. This could be causing the random misfire P0300.

P1421 Nissan Cold Start Control OBDII Engine Light Trouble Code | Engine-Codes.com
Old 07-21-2015, 02:26 AM
2015 Rogue

Also check for debris in the mass airflow sensor. Take it out and look inside the hole that faces the air filter.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:25 AM
2007 Quest
2007 Quest

Did a little work on the van last night. I did a close inspection of the air filter and associated ducting and didn't find anything unusual. I removed the upper intake manifold last night in an effort to change all the plugs and rear three coils. When I took the coils off I noticed all but one coil has a square melted looking bulge near the plug side of the coil. I should have taken a picture.... Is this a normal sign of a smoked coil? Or is there something that would cause that bulge. Of Course the new ones don't have the bulge so I'm hoping the P0300 is being caused by coils. I did notice the same bulge on the bad coil I changed out last week.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:21 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahamelink1 View Post
Did a little work on the van last night. I did a close inspection of the air filter and associated ducting and didn't find anything unusual. I removed the upper intake manifold last night in an effort to change all the plugs and rear three coils. When I took the coils off I noticed all but one coil has a square melted looking bulge near the plug side of the coil. I should have taken a picture.... Is this a normal sign of a smoked coil? Or is there something that would cause that bulge. Of Course the new ones don't have the bulge so I'm hoping the P0300 is being caused by coils. I did notice the same bulge on the bad coil I changed out last week.
check the negative battery cable before you put the new coils in. It should be connected to the inner fender and the transmission case. If the connection at the transmission is off it will damage the new coils.

Tags
p0300