Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2007 Quest Trailer Hookup Forums > > 2007 Quest Trailer Hookup 2007 Quest Trailer Hookup
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 12-14-2006, 03:33 AM
TNEWTON

Default 2007 Quest Trailer Hookup

First How Do You Remove The Panel On The Left Side To Get To The Wiring To Hook Up The Module, Second From What I'm Reading I Think 2007 Quest Unlike All Earlier Models Has A Factory Harness To Plug Into But I Also Know When You Hook Up The Module Which You Need That It Has To Have The Hot Wire Hooked Up Direct To Battery, This Is An Sl Model, I Put The Hitch On It Looks Great And Was Simi Easy To Install But How Do You Remove The Panels And Which Ones Do You Really Have To Remove?
Old 02-27-2007, 06:59 AM

2007 Quest

Default Remove Side Panel 2007 QUEST

Step by step procedure for removing driver side panel

Tools required: Small & medium size screw driver - medium adjustable wrench - large pliers.
Material Required: 1 ea 20 amp fuse

1. Remove rear panel. Using medium screw driver start at the left side under the water seal, start snapping the panel loose. Be careful.
2. Follow instructions in the owner's manual to stow the rear seat.
3. In this step you will be removing the 3 bolts that hold the rear portion of the panel to the frame. The 2 top bolts are the ones used to attach the cargo cover. There is a third one at the lower bottom. Put some tape or other material around the teeth of the pliers to prevent scarring the bolt covers. Be careful
4. Next, remove the bolt that holds the rear seat assist spring. The bolt and spring is at the rear seat pivot point.. You may have to pull the rear seat up a little to releave tenson on the spring.
5.Just as you did for the rear panel start unsnapping the side panel starting at the rear, then the top under the window and finally at the front. Folding down the driver side center seat will help. After the panel is loose you have to disconnect the electrical wire for the switch at the rear and the 12 Volt outlet at the front.
6. At the rear is a cable breakout which feeds the rear signal lightsl. There is a single wire breakout which has a connector on it. This is the 12 volt wire coming from the fuse box under the hood..See page 8-20 for location of the fuse box You will need a 20 amp fuse to place in the empty space marked towing. Measure the voltage at the connector to verify that there is 12 volts. there.. Temporally remove the fuse.
7 At this point I tapped into this wire at the connector and I cut a small hold in the water proof grommet that carries power to the signal lights and ran the wire to the signal light well. Remove 2 screws that hold the rear lights and pry the assembly loose. Pull the wire through. I installed my converter unit in this well.
8. When you are finished put the fuse back in the fuse holder.and reverse the above procedure to replace panels. Be carefull
Old 03-08-2007, 03:22 AM
TNEWTON

thanks, I thought i'd never get an answer for this. tnewton

Tags
2007, hookup, quest, trailer