Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Van goes into Limp mode? Forums > > Van goes into Limp mode? Van goes into Limp mode?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 01-22-2011, 10:41 AM
bean0007

Default Van goes into Limp mode?

I have a 2004 quest that every other day will go into limp mode....The check engine light comes on and the codes are as follow: p0605 and p1122.....I took it to the dealer and they told me it needed a new ecm and throttle chamber.....cost about 2500.00.... so I found a sight that refurbishes your old ecm and had that done and installed it myself and then took the van in to have a new throttle chamber put in.....ran good for a couple of days but then went back into limp mode when I was driving it again.....the guy that refurbished my ecm said to have the IPDM checked....seems like a lot of fishing in the dark.....originally, the first time the van went into limp mode and the check engine light came on it said the cam shaft sensor was bad....I replaced that and it ran fine for a couple days then went back into limp mode.....the crazy thing is that it doesn't do it every time...and when you restart the van it runs fine...any help would be appreciated before I spend way too much time and money!!!!
Old 01-22-2011, 12:00 PM
2015 Rogue

Usually the problem with the ecm is corrosion on the aluminum housing. When it corrodes it allows water to enter the ecm. If he just repaired the electronics and didn't do anything to the housing then you will continue to have problems.
ASE Master Certified.

Tags
limp, mode, van