Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2006 Quest-No interior lights Forums > > 2006 Quest-No interior lights 2006 Quest-No interior lights
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 09-04-2010, 05:09 PM
jkfisher5

Default 2006 Quest-No interior lights

We have a 2006 Quest. None of the interior lights work.Iincluding dome lights, door lights upon opening doors, overhead lights) Dash ligts and radio lights do work. Have tested all the fuses and tried all selections on the lights on demand switch but no luck. any ideas? Thanks.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:49 AM
podious

The same thing happened in our 2005 Quest about a year ago. For the first few months, they would come on every once in a while but that hasn't happened for the last 6 months. I had it in a local shop to get an oil leak fixed and they looked at it for about an hour and had no luck. I'd like to get that fixed before we sell it, but I don't think I'll pay someone to fix it.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Most of the interior light on the Quest are controlled by the Smart Entrance Control Unit. If the light don't work at all, then the problem could a a bad fuse, the Smart Entrance Control Unit or the wire harness. If the light work intermittent, then the problem could a a loose fuse, loose Smart Entrance Control Unit connector or a broken wire harness.

Sometimes, disconnecting the car battery for a few minutes will reset and the Smart Entrance Control Unit and can make the lights work again.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:52 AM
podious

Thanks for the info!!! I've checked all the fuses, multiple times - so I know that's not it.

Trying to figure out what the SECU looks like and where exactly it is. I've read that it's behind the dash somewhere, on the passenger side. Any help there, Nissantech?
Old 12-29-2010, 07:09 AM
podious

I got a hold of the service manual and I'm reading the Lighting System section. I checked the index on the manual and there's no reference to SECU or smart entrance control unit. However, when reading about the Interior Room Lamp, it all seems to point to something called the BCM (body control module). Is this the same thing? Am I barking up the wrong tree here?
Old 12-29-2010, 10:15 AM
2008 Quest
2008 Quest

This may be too simple, but did you check to see if the interior lights button wasn't accidentally shut off. Whenever I take my van in for service, the dealership flicks this button off--I think to save battery life. One time they forgot to turn it back on, and it took me a couple days to realize what it was. Located under the steering wheel on the left-hand side, kind of above your left knee.
2000 Nissan Altima GLE - Traded in at ~100K
1993 Nissan Altima GLE - (first year they made Altimas) Engine Died at ~100K
Old 12-29-2010, 10:18 AM
podious

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheereeo View Post
This may be too simple, but did you check to see if the interior lights button wasn't accidentally shut off. Whenever I take my van in for service, the dealership flicks this button off--I think to save battery life. One time they forgot to turn it back on, and it took me a couple days to realize what it was. Located under the steering wheel on the left-hand side, kind of above your left knee.
Yes, I've checked that. Also removed the dash and checked the continuity of the wires to that switch and they all looked good.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:41 PM
sgtwintor

I have the same problem on my 2005. I have checked everything I can think of so far, checked every fuse and replaced the one for the lights just in case, checked the switch, checked the fusable links, checked the relays and no luck. I even did as suggested and disconnected the battery overnight to attempt a SECU reset but that did not help either. My DVD player is also not working and did stop working at the same time. My rear sonar is also not working but stopped working months prior to this lighting issue. Any help would be very much appreciated, please dont tell me to check the switch and the fuses againl, I have already tripple checked them all. I need a new suggestion...please. Thanks!
Old 04-08-2011, 04:46 AM
podious

I'm going to be checking the BCM module with my test light the next time I have an hour or so of spare time during the daylight (which isn't often) so I can see what the heck I'm doing. I had gotten busy since the last time I posted and just this week have been thinking about it again.

If I fix this thing, I'll be shouting it from the rooftops, so you'll definitely be hearing from me!
Old 07-18-2011, 02:34 PM
bleury

Hi,

We have the same problem with our 2005 Quest....no interior lights. This happens intermittantly. The lights will work fine for several months and then stop working for several days. Next thing you know, they're working again. Has anyone solved this problem?
Old 07-18-2011, 03:14 PM
bleury

Default Lights work again

Well, my wife solved this one.

She pressed the settings button on the center console, went through every setting and turned each off then back on. The interior lights started to work????

Note that I had disconnected the battery for 10 minutes earlier and it did not make a difference.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:24 AM
papasound

My 2006 Quest has no interior lights that work. Where is the fuse located?
Old 09-26-2012, 10:48 AM
2006 Quest

Default Resolved no start----- no headlights

RESOLVED PROBLEM NO INTERIOR OR HEADLIGHTS.

CRANK BUT WON'T START

2006 Quest base model. Cranks but no start, no headlights or interior lights. Four visible, fusible links in a container attached to the positive post. All links appear fine but the unit was toast. Cannot count on visual inspection of positive battery post fusible links. These are wires, flat ones, inside a see through plastic box attached to the positive terminal.

VISUAL INSPECTION OF FUSIBLE LINKS

Treat all battery posts like the are made of glass. If you lift up one side too far when removing cable clamp it WILL CRACK THE POST OFF. Maybe not the first time. All pressure on one side of the post must be equalized or it will snap on you.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Master Enthusiast

2004 sentra

There was a TSB about it!
No interior room lights - fuse #3 open.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:58 PM

2004 Quest

The TSB (http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/local...id=231&id=1535) was only for S and SL's with four cabin lights in the headliner. I've got a 2004 SE with Skyview roof and have the same symptoms of intermittent interior lights.

I see that setting and resetting all of the system options on the center console worked for someone.

@podious, did you have any luck with the BCM?

Any other solutions?

Thanks!

Tags
2006, interior, lights, questno