Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
p0340 camshaft position sensor Forums > > p0340 camshaft position sensor p0340 camshaft position sensor
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 09-10-2012, 02:54 PM
2004 Murano
2008 Altima Coupe

Default Camshaft Position Sensor - 2004 Murano

I have a 2004 SL that I purchased new. It currently has 183,000 miles on it. It has been a great vehicle, but lately after it runs a while it will shut off intermittently. If I am at a low speed or stopped, I have to restart it. If I am at higher speed, it shuts off but than restarts while still moving. When I restart it, it is very difficult and takes a while to restart. The car then hesitates when I start to accelerate but eventually picks up speed. Service engine light came on. I pulled the code and it indicates a Camshaft Position Sensor problem. I purchased both sensors from Advance Auto Parts online with a 30% off coupon and picked up at the store. The sensor for bank 1 is located near the firewall under the air intake. The sensor for bank 2 is located near the front under the engine cover. Each had 1 screw to remove and then pulled out. The new one popped right in and used the screw to refasten. My car runs great now. Thank you for all the posts on here and other sights that helped me with this.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:27 PM
2007 Quest

just an fyi. the code p0340 is for bank 1 sensor, toward the firewall, driver side. the code p0345 is bank 2, toward the front, driver side. I have an '07 quest. the bank 2 sensor has a 45 degree bend in it and the bank 1 sensor is straight. bank 2 is much easier to get to than bank 1. i was told they go bad mostly because the oil might not be getting changed enough so they get gummed up or covered with grimey oil.

Tags
camshaft, p0340, position, sensor