Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
The Engine stop running after warm-up. Forums > > The Engine stop running after warm-up. The Engine stop running after warm-up.
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 04-22-2009, 09:07 AM
ChanStanley

Default The Engine stop running after warm-up.

I have 2000 Nissan Quest with V-6 Engine. The Motor running fine at
cold , When it start at fast Idle speed
without any problem . But , Once
the engine warm-up at operation
temperature , It stall and stop .
I was replace the New Timing belt
and tensioner , New EGR valve,
New Throttle Position Sensor , New
Mass Airflow ( MAF ) Sensor , New
Fuel and Air Filters , Major Tune-up ,
Etc., None of them to solving the
problem . Now , I suspect the MAF
may be malfucntion . Any one have
any idea to solving this problem?
Old 04-22-2009, 03:13 PM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

Check for any engine codes and let us know so we might better help you.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2001 Maxima
1998 Pathfinder
2001 maxima 20th aninvers

sounds like the cam postion sensor in the distributor is failing...you might have to replace the distributor (usually happens after 100k miles)
Old 05-06-2009, 09:36 AM
ChanStanley

Thank very much for those whom reply my question .
I went to Nissan dealerships , The Technicians and Mechanics also advice me to replace the very expense Distributor . But , I belief is that if Camshaft Position Sensor is malfunction , The Engine not even running
at Open Loop stage , because the ECM if not receiving the signal from Cam sensor , then will automatically cut--off the Fuel Pump Relay , The Engine only to running at very short period , It will not operative until the Engine warm-up at Closed Loop stage . so , I took few days off from work to investigate the problem . and
I found when I disconnected the MAP / BARO sensor and started the Engine , few minutes later I sew the smoke coming out the vacuum port at the Intake Manifold . then I known the Catalytic Converter was partially clogged . I took off the First ( Front ) Oxygen sensor from Exhaust pipe , and the Engine running fine without any problem . I was so frustrated and wonder why everyone just forgot the basic method to connect the Vacuum gauge in Intake Manifold from beginning. Also , I was found this type Catalytic Converter always has similar problems . and my local Nissan Dealerships refuse to honor the warranty even the Federal government require mandatory Extension Emission Control Components Warranty . My advice any Nissan car if ten years older , Must inspect the Catalytic Converter .

If you doubt The Distributor output , AC pickup coil ,
Fuel Injector , Camshaft , Crank , MAP , MAF , Speed
and any other sensors that generated Electronic Pulses . You can use $20 Logic Probes or just use the Jumper
wire to connect the component signal wire ( Back Probe Method at connector ) and the Radio Antenna to detecting those device functions .

Tags
engine, running, stop, warmup