Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2004 Quest ECM Forums > > 2004 Quest ECM 2004 Quest ECM
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Quest Nissan Quest Discussion Forum

Old 03-12-2009, 04:44 PM
leesan

Default 2004 Quest ECM

Hello, all,
I just spent $4,500 to $5,000 to repair my 04 Quest. Things professionally done were, ECM replacement, Rear Catalytic Converter replacement, x6 tows, x5 coil pack replacement, and x6 spark plug replacement. Things I did were, Oil Cooler Seal replacement, Lower Oil Pan replacement, and Oil Pressure Sending Unit replacement. It took over a month to get a new ECM. My understanding is that there are so many ECM's on Quest requiring/required to be replaced due to corrosion. Making this issue worse is that ECM's are not covered under the warranty. I paid over $800. If anyone out there has started or have information for the class action against Nissan, please let me know. I would like to add my name on the plaintiff's list. I still have the original ECM which was identified as "Bad" by my mechanic. The first Nissan dealer I took my Quest in said that this ECM was working properly, but due to no compression in ALL cylinders (I don't know how dealer checked compression in ALL cylinders w/o removing the intake.) and by contacting Nissan hotline, the dealer concluded that there was jumped timing belt. Their recommendation was to put a new motor in for $6,500 (with discount). I took the dealer to a small claim, and the dealer reimbursed me with $299 diagnostic fee and 1/2 of towing (over $400 since I decided to tow my Quest to my mechanic 200+ miles away).

Please let me know if someone has information for the class action agaist Nissan for ECM problems.

Thank you,

Tags
2004, ecm, quest