Nissanhelp.com Forums

Nissanhelp.com Forums (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/)
-   Maxima (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/maxima/)
-   -   MAXIMA 2001 ABS/TCS/SLIP PROBLEM (https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/maxima/544-maxima-2001-abs-tcs-slip-problem.html)

Vincent 05-08-2006 05:30 AM

MAXIMA 2001 ABS/TCS/SLIP PROBLEM

Hi, I have a 2001 Maxima and I have a problem... Lights for ABS + TCS + SLIP are always on when I start my engine. Is someone can help me about that? I don't want to change everything with no solution... Thank you

NissanTech 05-08-2006 10:27 PM

Welcome to the forums!!

There are many items in the ABS/TCS system that can trigger the warning light. I recommend having a shop (any shop) with a scanner read the ABS/TCS system for codes. Once you have the code we can help you diagnose the problem.

Garvey 09-30-2006 12:39 PM

I have the same problem and took it to my Nissan service pros. They told me it was a bad rear ABS sensor and would be $225.00 to buy and install it. Good luck.

mgood 10-01-2006 06:35 PM

I have the same problem, took it to a mechanic he said he would have to take off all the sensors and clean them so he can check them, it was going to cost me $35.00 ea. just to clean them. When he went to clean the first one he cracked it and had to replace it and the lights still came on. I took it too another mechanic he put it on a scanner and only the drivers side front and rear sensors were giving a reading. Can some one help before I loose my shirt.

NissanTech 10-01-2006 06:57 PM

:Welcome to Nissanhelp.com forums mgood and Garvey!!

It is very unlikely having 3 bad sensors at the same time. I recommend to get a second opinion.

mgood 10-02-2006 05:51 AM

Today I checked the code it read #31- rear right sensor (open circuit). What does "open" as oppose to "short circuit" mean.

mpe235 10-02-2006 10:14 AM

It means that there is no connection in the circuit. Either a bad sensor or broken wire.

mgood 10-02-2006 12:53 PM

Thanks for that info, when the mechanic looked at the sensor he said that the sensor and the wire under the car was not damaged. However he did not look under the hood. Does any one know where I can find the connector for the right rear sensor under the hood, I looked but could only find the two front connectors.

mpe235 10-03-2006 02:48 PM

The connector under the hood should be at the abs controller. Usually if the wire is broke it is an inch or two from the connector by the sensor. Bad sensors is fairly common. We replace quite a few of them.

Laviniu Leucea 11-27-2007 06:00 AM

I have the same ABS, SLIP, and TCS lights on, I checked the codes and there is nothing showed related to this. The only codes that appear are P0420, P0430 (which I know being related to the caralytic converter, but this is a different issue). Could someone explain why I have no codes shown for ABS, SLIP, TCS?
Thanks.

mpe235 11-27-2007 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laviniu Leucea (Post 16394)
I have the same ABS, SLIP, and TCS lights on, I checked the codes and there is nothing showed related to this. The only codes that appear are P0420, P0430 (which I know being related to the caralytic converter, but this is a different issue). Could someone explain why I have no codes shown for ABS, SLIP, TCS?
Thanks.

You need to pull the codes from the abs system not the engine. Generic scanners are not capable of this.

EnSoNiQuEs~ 11-29-2007 06:15 PM

Download the Brake section of the manual from this great site for 2001 Maxima, it contains the list of ABS/TCS codes and the procedure how to extract the codes yourself by counting the blinks of the ABS light.

Laviniu Leucea 11-30-2007 02:36 AM

Thank you very much, guys. I will do it.

s1969sam 10-30-2008 10:54 PM

I had this issue back in July after battling other issues and it turned out to be my ignition coils. I did not feel like checking to see which of the six were bad so I replaced them all and the lights have not returned. Also my car was running a little rough with less fuel efficiency. This all cleared up. Best to do this yourself and not have the dealership charge you a ridiculous amount to do it. I think I paid $190 altogether for the 6 coils. You need two different types (right bank and left bank). I don't know why they are labeled this way but 3 are up against the fire wall on top and 3 are just forward of the front of the engine.

mat motor 11-04-2008 10:07 AM

:WelcomeI am new to the site and my wife has a 2001 max that just had the same problem.I got the abs or brake section from this site.I blew two fuses trying to get the code. My data link was sideways and the pin 9 was the front left one under the dash.If you short the back two pins you will blow the fuse to the clock and windows. Anyway I got a code 35 which is left rear abs sensor. Check with ohm meter and it was open. I brought a new sensor and check ohm and it read 1.2 ohms. Put new sensor in grounded pin 9 3 times within 12.5 seconds and fixed problem.